Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Brain revenge

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 75,00.html

Since our brain is the most significant instrument for us psychonauts, this test will be quite interesting.

I find it quite facinating myself when thinking about the same subject (sex, politics) and how my first thoughts and sensibility changes with each specific direction.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Is this really a reliable test? and / or reliable site? Cause it's quite interesting but on the other hand it seems to be a bit BS.

The dancer turned clockwise for me, exactly what I expected, cause i'm a bit of a dreamer.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I use more of my right side of my brain according to that study. Most of those things in the list do not describe me, but a lot of them do too. Pretty interesting.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
For me it turned clockwise and after i read the text it turned counter-clock...
Maybe because reading the text waked my left hemisphere...

or maybe the test is BS indeed :lol:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Haha this is a pretty cool test.. I started as a right brainer (clockwise) but when i focused really hard i switched to a left brainer (focus on the leg swinging the other way)
At first i couldnt even imagine her going the other way because it seemed unnatural. Funny how we are misled by our own powers.

I tried some tests and did some excersice on a particular subject and for some the direction switched. But it is not completely correct, i did some math for a while (left side according to the list) and stil saw her turning clockwise.

I seem to be more of a right-brainer after all, cause everytime i got her spinning counter-clockwise after a while of inactivity it switches back again. I do not completely agree with all the characteristics given.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
For me the dancer is turning clockwise, and no matter what I do it keeps turning clockwise...

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
For me it turned clockwise and after i read the text it turned counter-clock...
Maybe because reading the text waked my left hemisphere...

Ha, this happened for me as well.

Watching brainactivity through a PET scanner would be interesting, while doing this little test.

edit:

If you have trouble with toggling the direction: close your eyes for a few seconds, and imagine/see with you minds eye the direction you want her to turn. Then slowly open your eyes and, if all goes well, she now turns in the other direction.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I think it's BS, I don't see a reason what "direction" would have to do with brain hemispheres.
but it's a funny illusion :)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Ahh the first time I saw this I spend quite a while changing her direction... it's easy if you look at her feet imposing the direction you want. what I would like to know it's how the animation is made ??

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
misery a dit:
I think it's BS, I don't see a reason what "direction" would have to do with brain hemispheres.
but it's a funny illusion :)

The movement of the figure in clockwise direction is more elegant (feeling), but the shadow on the ground indicates counter-clock (details)

:smoke:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If i look directly at it she is turning clock wise . If i read the left brain functions explenation she turns anti clck wise . I can even get her to swing her leg from left to right and right to left . If i close my eyes she lyes down and opens here legs.........

Its an optical ilusion . and the explenations of the left and right brain functions to the left of the picture are bullshit .

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
They are not explanations, they are things associated with the left and right hemisphere.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
She turns clockwise, but I'm high, so I can't be sure. :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"They are not explanations, they are things associated with the left and right hemisphere."

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bollocks . Yes it is . Its their explanation of what they say are things associated with the left and right hemisphere of the brain . With the emphasis on :- what they say . Its an OPTICAL ILUSION , a trick , bullshit . Look at the rest of the site and then tell me if its a serious scientific site or just some trivial , unserious , horror-scope , bored houswives bullshit site .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Look, she can do her dance here as well!

0,,5675247,00.gif

niiice

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
:x i just cant see her dancing anti-clockwise no matter how hard i focus

G

Invité
Yeah I know this one, funny as Heaven!
Mostly it goes clockwise for me, but sometimes I can change it litterly in the blink of an eye :p

Brainstormed

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Jan 2008
that is why it's an optical illusion it's made to "trick" the brain.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
GOD a dit:
Bollocks . Yes it is . Its their explanation of what they say are things associated with the left and right hemisphere of the brain . With the emphasis on :- what they say . Its an OPTICAL ILUSION , a trick , bullshit . Look at the rest of the site and then tell me if its a serious scientific site or just some trivial , unserious , horror-scope , bored houswives bullshit site .

:lol:

What I meant is that the things in the list aren't supposed to describe you, that they are just things associated with the supposed emotional, instinctive right hemisphere and the more rational, scientific left hemisphere.

I KNOW that these are not facts brought about by studies or something, Wikipedia adequately refers to them as "popular psychology."

wiki says:
It is important to note that—while functions are indeed lateralized—these lateralizations are trends and do not apply to every person in every case. Short of having undergone a hemispherectomy (the removal of an entire cerebral hemisphere) there are no "left-brained only" or "right-brained only" people.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Clockwise.

But what's BS ?