Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Better PM notification needed

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Psychonaut should really consider a better pm notification system then the one currently available. I know I have gone months without noticing that I had new PM waiting for me.
Some forums use pop up systems, which seem to work great. I think email notification on a site like this would most likely not be very effective.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I get a pop up every time I have a new message when I visit the forum. Check your browser if you haven't blocked them...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It seems that more people than you have problems with that , and the site software in general . We have been told that the software problems would be solved but nothing has happened up till now . I wonder if they will wait till the whole site crashes . Every computer beginer knows that if you turn the site off for a few hours you can copy the posts out , put the original software back in , or a new software and then put the posts back in .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I get a pop up when I use IE (eeeeeeeeeeew)

But on my regular computer I have Firefox so I don't get a pop up, may be because of the blocker but I don't get many PMs anyway.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"but I don't get many PMs anyway."

Heres one to make up for that........

High "R" from "G".......

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
We have been told that the software problems would be solved but nothing has happened up till now .
There was serious discussion about upgrading the site over a year ago, but the ban on shrooms and other financial pressures made all of that come to a standstill.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
"Heres one to make up for that........

High "R" from "G"......."

Hi Codeword "G" from Codeword "R" ! Thanks!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I even get popups in firefox.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I even get popups in firefox."

I dont and i dont see any adverts like the ones on this site . What extensions have you and what version of firefox do you use ?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
GOD a dit:
We have been told that the software problems would be solved but nothing has happened up till now .
There was serious discussion about upgrading the site over a year ago, but the ban on shrooms and other financial pressures made all of that come to a standstill.

I am still working on a new version of psychonaut. But i still have to solve some issues, before i can make it work. The forum it self is not a problem, i even got it working. But the frontpage, gives me a headache. This week, I've got another project what i need to finish first and some other stuff what i need to do. But next week, i am going to work on it again.

I can give already a little review, but remember! This is only a review of the forum, the settings etc are still not how it's suppose to be. But this is just because, i have to wait till i got everything finished :)

So here's the link for the not yet finished psychonaut:

http://www.anarchoinfinito.nl/psycho

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Ohw, and don't think i like to work on projects such as this :p Because it's get pretty complex. Only a forum is not such a problem. Only a website is also not a problem. But the problems starts when you want to make a forum and website linked to getter, which is then also multi-language.

If i could make the front-page in english, and the forum it self multi-language, except for the links on the top of psychonaut. I can make it work, next week! But i think, this is something that need's to be discussed. I myself, don't get bothered if those links on the top on psychonaut can only be displayed in one language. As long as the forum it self works in multi-language.

I think we need to start a new topic, or change the name of this topic. If you guys have questions, then ask :)

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
And then we have to be aware, that it can be a pain in the ass, to integrate all the forum topics, into the new forum. Normally this would not be a reall problem. But since the forum on psychonaut is intergrated in Joomla, i expect to run against problems. But maybe we have some luck and everything will work out fine.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
"I even get popups in firefox."

I dont and i dont see any adverts like the ones on this site . What extensions have you and what version of firefox do you use ?

I have the latest version. I only get popups on sites that I allow (like this forum). I use AdBlock Plus to eliminate almost all adverts.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Check your profile. There is a radio button for receiving mails/popups when you get a pm.

G

Invité
Wow, that's a *great* idea you had mysticwarrior, lots of forums I'm active on use this software, and I think it's by far the best I've ever used.

I'd really like seeing psychonaut run on it, that's fer sure !

Btw, how much would it cost to upgrade psychonaut to such a software ?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
what's the problem with getting an email notification? i find it hard to not notice a new pm...

btw i have a question. what is the purpose of the outbox? i have pms there that apparently were never sent :?

EDIT: i just went some hours without noticing a new pm... :) but i wasn't paying attention to my mail. i guess if one has one's browser set to block pop-ups since before joining the site and has not checked the option to get email notification (as fork pointed) it is easy to not notice...

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Tiax a dit:
Btw, how much would it cost to upgrade psychonaut to such a software ?

To be honest, it won't cost anything :) The forum I've used(phpbb3), is in fact the same as one where using right now, only phpbb3 is much more advanced and has a lot bug fixes, so almost all the technical problems will be something from the past ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
If i could make the front-page in english, and the forum it self multi-language, except for the links on the top of psychonaut. I can make it work, next week! But i think, this is something that need's to be discussed. I myself, don't get bothered if those links on the top on psychonaut can only be displayed in one language. As long as the forum it self works in multi-language.
Have you discussed this with the site owner? He may be open to this idea.