Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Best way to consume Peyote

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello all,

In the near future I may have the oppourunity to consume the sacred cactus Peyote. I was wondering the best way to consume it would be. I will be injesting about 5 grams dried. Also how long should I fast before the experience, as I know there is some intense naseua? One more thing, how long does the experience last. I have heard anywhere from 12-14 hours. But I know it is dose dependent, and i'm not sure if 5 grams dried is a high dose or a low dose.

PEACE & LOVE

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thanks random.

It says 8-16 grams of dried peyote is used in preparation. Does that mean 5 grams dried is to low of a dose? Bceause where I'm getting the dried button, they are not cheap. 10 grams dried is $200, and that was only 2 doses that I expected. Oh well, I guess I just am going to have to wait till my peyotes are full grown...

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Avoid salty foods, meat and diary 24 hours before the experience. For an ultimate mind journey don't ejaculate 24 hours before the experience at least.

An empty stomach is the best way to kick off with, but don't fast till starving mode. Just eat them raw and chew slowly and long, you never can crush it long and much enough with your teeth. Roll your tongue around the parts in your mouth as well.

It is recommended to consume shortly after you've woken up, due to the long duration (24 isn't an exception) and the extreme sensibility for physical impulses. Tireness during the experience makes you regret taking the buttons. Do not take any coffee and especially no alcohol or asprine!

If you get hungry during the experience, take crackers and consume a small part untill your appetite is satisfied. Granny smith apples are fine fruits too!

Make sure you have the possibility to observe a lot of green! But don't go for the forest. The beach, a pasture, hills are absolutely stunning. Make sure you have a wide field of vision.

Be aware of the extreme tenderness and empathy of this glorious plant. Search for the freshness of mother nature.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thanks for the tips, is 5 grams dried enough though? I want an intense experience, and not waste my money as I will be paying 100 dollars for 5 grams.

PEACE & LOVE

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Is that 5 grams of total cactus material? Because the root doesn't contain any mescaline, I've been told. If you cut off the green part of the cactus, but leave a little bit behind, the cactus will grow out again.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yes it is just the button, no root.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I do not know about sufficient dosages (as I have never done buttons), but one thing for sure is that it can never be enough. You'll need A LOT of peyote anyway to experience a full ego death. Nevertheless it's always a wonderfull experience.

Maybe Deep Turtle can tell you more. All I know is that about 80 cm fresh San Pedro did it for me.

I don't know the potency of the 5 gram dried, but according Hofmann and Huxley, 500 MILIGRAMS Mescaline (remember other weaker alkaloids in it do add to the intensity as well!) is sufficient for an ego death.