Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Best way of preparing san pedro cactus

• Auteur de la discussion k.smith2122
  • Date de début
K

k.smith2122

Invité
I know there are a lot of preparation recipes for san pedro, but I have found only a few work well. My personal favorite method is also possibly the least complex. All you need to do is chop up the cactus (after removing the spines) into the star shaped pieces, then cut the flesh and skin away from the core. Then take these pieces and put them in some tupperware and freeze over night. You may also leave the core in if desired. Some say it does have some good alkaloids. The next morning you may want to let the pieces of cactus thaw a bit. Then place the pieces into the blender with an equal amount of water in height as the cactus in the container. So just fill the cantainer in the blender with enough water to barely cover the top of the cactus chunks. Mix well. Until it turns to mush or goo. Then take the goo and strain it through a cheese cloth or an old (but clean) t-shirt. At this point, if there was any goo leftover in the tupperware container after freezing, add it to the liquid after thawing it. This drink does taste nasty, but it is much better in my opinion than the boiling method. Try to drink it fairly quickly whithout gagging or throwing up. It shouldn't be too hard to keep down. Well thats about it. Drink it, and wait about two hours before noticing the effects. If you guys have any suggestions for improving this, or have a good recipe of your own, feel free to post it.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I don't have a lot of San Pedro but would like to try this method tonight/tomorrow. I will measure the size and weight of the chunks before I'll put them in the freezer, and then ingest on Sunday morning.

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I cut off the thorns with scissors and left the skin of the cactus intact. I used gloves to cut (or saw...) the star-shaped parts. The material was 685 grams. I put the pieces in the freezer and took them out the next morning. Grinding them into mush took quite a while. Separating the liquid was quite easy. The cactus fibre would rise to the top, so by waiting for a couple of minutes I would get very clear green liquid at the bottom, and on top a thick layer of "foam" that I could scoop out. Then when I had all the liquid collected I poored it on top of a sieve covered by a torn up t-shirt, and then carefully squeezed the liquid out. I then did the same with the separated foam. I ended up with quite a lot of liquid, so I'm condensing it a bit now.

Taste: not bad, just the typical cactus taste. It's easy to gulp down.

K

k.smith2122

Invité
Yes I also found the amount of liquid in the end to be quite a bit. But honestly it seems best, at least for me, just to suck it up and drink it all :drinkers: The first time I had ever tried this method, I drank only half the liquid, and my friend drank the other. It was a larger cactus, thus why I split it. I still tripped pretty hard. But it's nothing like drinking the whole thing. It is worth it in the end. Happy tripping.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
While we're at it, anybody have a good strategy for getting them into cap form (I call them to-go's). :p

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Yesterday I decided to give the juice a try. As I mentioned before, I condensed the liquid a bit. I took one and a half large coffee mugs. I could swallow it all down within a couple of seconds. It didn't taste bad at all (only a bitter aftertaste which disappeared after just one sip of fruit juice) and there was no nausea whatsoever. After less than an hour I started to notice the first effects. Nothing overwhelming (which had not been my intention anyway, as I still had some practical things to do that day) but gentle, dreamy and clearly psychedelic. My guess is I still have 6 or 7 coffee mugs in the freezer. Knowing the effects of 1.5 cups, I think I'll start off with 4 or 5 cups next time and keep the rest ready as a booster.

springbranch

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
i will also try this method today or tommorow and will post my results

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Hmm, sounds interesting. In what ways do you think this is better than the cooking method? Does it taste any better, or is it more effective?
Then again, I think it leaves you with a lot more liquid, does it? Wouldn't that be like a whole bottle of liquid for 60cm of cactus?

Abej^a G.

Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
The purpose of freezing is to split all the cellular walls of the plant to allow the escape of mescaline (along with the rest of course)

-P.S.: Uncooked, it works, but it 's heavy to digest and for ingest large quantities it takes a lot of willpower.

stewpac15

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Oct 2016
has anyone tried this recently? about to freeze 2 x 12" tips after cutting them up as prescribed. Just wanna know how much i should be looking at ingesting to get a quality dose. thanks

Abej^a G.

Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
a good dose to prevent the cactus give you the hole is 50 dreid grams / 600 grams fresh (calculated by excluding the white inside of the cactus because it contains no active ingredient); the outer fabric (ie only the green skin of the cactus is the part that contains more mescaline).

are enough 20 gr dried for a good experience .. a right dose is 20 cm cuttings to 5 in diameter .. I hope that I have clarified some ideas ..

wachumero

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Mai 2017
I've cooked this a lot of ways before....

A few things I discovered: you dont really need to peel the waxy layer off the skin, it wont hurt you and doesnt change anything about the experience. I also notice the brew doesnt seem to get stronger after 3-4 hours of boiling..... I have cooked it 20 hours and 4 hours - seemed the same strength to me personally.

I used to make tea a lot, and then for a while I made raw juice instead.... These days I mostly work with powder as it is easier to get an exact dosage. Also drank medicine prepared by a lot of different people in Peru - it is interesting how different it can taste and effect you sometimes.....