Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Bad mistake, need help!!!

cardiogram

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Jan 2007
Hi. Sorry about my english.
First of all, i have to admit, that i'm beginner at mushroom cultivation.
I have magic mushroom growbox. i did everything like the instructions say. In day 5 i thought, it would be nice to keep the humidity up, so i sprayed growbox with boiled water. It was so stupid mistake. Now i realize , that i damaged mycelium with water ( now mycelium is flat and small, but still white ). today is day 7 and i don't now what to do. should i wait? or should i do anything else to keep mycelium and shrooms grow? or should i dunk growbox and start everything again?

ps. once again, i apologize about my bad english skills.

thanks. i'm looking for advice.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Unfortunately, I don't know much about these silly little grow boxes but I can tell you this much....the first rule of mycology is patience. I've had cakes and casings that got all big and white with fluffy mycelium but took weeks for them to finally fruit. Just wait it out, the mushies will usually find a way.

PS Your english is better than a lot of Americans I know.

cardiogram

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Jan 2007
patience is important.
but i still have a question:
can damaged mycelium fruit?

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Damaged? by just spraying water on them?

Dude, you're fine. Once you have pins ( little baby mushroooms ) then you really don't want to spray them, they are very sensitive at this stage and will abort ( stop growing and turn black. still good to eat tho ). While it's still just white mycelium, a little water isn't going to hurt it too bad.

What you did was no big deal. I would just give it more fresh air since you introduced more moisture. I don't know what the instructions are on these grow box things.... do they tell you to open it up every once in a whle and fan them out....? anyhoo. Give it some fresh air so that you dont start to get mold and you'll be good.

good luck

cardiogram

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Jan 2007
Thanks for advice.

Well, before I sprayed water on mycelium, it was fluffy. Now it's more flat then fluffy. I hope this isn't fatal.
Instruction was from *******.net:
http://*******.net/uk/growboxinstructions_UK.pdf

Every other day I give it some extra fresh air. Temp. is ~23 C.
I'm just little worried about my first growbox. I hope everything is fine.

cardiogram

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Jan 2007
Seems everything is ok. :D
Yesterday the first mushrooms started to show up. I'm very excited.