Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ayahuasca vs Ibogaine

Stargazer

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Juil 2013
my fellow psychonauts,

I have been thinking about 2 visionary plants I would like to try to expand my mind and consciousness. So on one hand we have Ayahuasca with the active ingridient DMT, on the other hand there is Ibogaine, which is an active isolated alkaloid. So I`ve been reading about Ayahuasca for a while and will brew my first mix in a couple of days....yay. 2 days ago I found out about Ibogaine and watched a LOT of videos, like Joe Rogans experience with it. So as we psychonauts all know already, DMT Dimethyltryptamine is occuring naturally in our brain and is the agent that creates our dreamworlds, near death experience and visonary experiences when taken via DMT or Ayahuasca. They say, DMT is the only key that opens the door to our pineal gland, the third eye, besides the only other possible way of deep meditation. But that take years and years of patience and practice, so we choose the plant version.
Now Joe said, that ibogaine lets you travel far into your own self and experience your true perfect soul, so you travel into your own inner universe (you should watch it on YT, very interesting ) DMT on the other hand opens up our pineal gland and we experience a higher state of consciousness and vibration so that we are able to explore the universe, ask for answers and so on.

I have a question since I read a lot about ibogaine. Since we must have a lot of experts in this forum, I hope you guys will give me possible answers. According to a lot of smart people and quantum physicists and Buddha we are all one with the universe, there is a whole universe within ourselves. Buddha said, to seek for your true self and answers, seek within yourself. And since we know like I mentioned already, only DMT opens our pineal gland. What then allows us to experience our inner universe, if not the pineal gland, which ibogaine can`t open. I am just curious. Maybe some experienced psychonauts can help me with that, maybe my assumption is wrong.

Namaste :tonqe:

Inscrit
24 Oct 2023
Hey Stargazer,

Really fascinating questions you've put up there; I love the depth of your exploration into Ayahuasca and Ibogaine. I too have journeyed with both substances, and each has its unique qualities in tapping into our inner and outer universes.

To address your question about the pineal gland and Ibogaine: I think it's worth mentioning that unlocking the 'inner universe' isn't solely dependent on the pineal gland. While DMT interacts strongly with it, other substances like Ibogaine might engage different pathways or neural networks that also grant us access to those deeper layers of self.

You mentioned Joe Rogan's experience with Ibogaine; it's something I also found intriguing. Ibogaine has a way of facilitating a profound introspective experience. I feel like Ibogaine allows us to dig deep into our subconscious, and confront our deepest fears, traumas, and even joys. It's less about mystical external landscapes and more about navigating the labyrinth within.

Here's a link to soispascon.com where you can read more about people's personal experiences with it. They've got some fascinating articles and testimonies that might give you an even more nuanced understanding of how Ibogaine affects us on a spiritual and psychological level.

Namaste!

Best,
Julius