Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ArcLight presents AJ Clay, Mark Cobián, James Halpin & Tim Robert at Open House

EuphoriaNYC

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
14 Jan 2013
ArcLight presents AJ Clay, Mark Cobián, James Halpin & Tim Robert at Open House

1231291_10151868288654380_564583213_n.jpg

$5 cover - free before midnight with RSVP to [email protected]

On Saturday September 21st, Arclight celebrates its official launch by bringing AJ Clay, Mark Cobián, James Halpin and Tim Robert back to the basement space of Open House (formerly Stay).

We're excited to make Arclight's official debut a reprise of the first party we threw last March. The distinct, compelling styles of these four talented DJs are perfectly suited to the modern underground vibe of the Open House basement. Add to that the venue's excellent sound system and top-notch mixology, and you can expect another lively night of exciting progressive and tech sounds from start to finish...

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST

AJ CLAY

MARK I.E. COBIÁN
[Reverse Audio]

JAMES HALPIN
[The Loop]

TIM ROBERT
[LuPS Records / Jetlag Digital]

basement space at Open House (formerly Stay)
244 East Houston Street (cross street: Avenue A)

$5 cover - free before 12 w/RSVP to [email protected]

10 PM - 4 AM
21+

* Be sure to tell the outside door person that you are going to the basement space *

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1377087832524244/

Residentadvisor: RA: Arclight presents AJ Clay, Mark Cobián, James Halpin at Open House, New York

Arclight: www.arclight-nyc.com

AJ Clay:

A NYC resident for just over a year, AJ has already begun to spread his deep, techy, progressive sound throughout the city. When it comes to DJ'ing, AJ believes in one thing: the programming of a night. His name is well on the way to standing for a brand that represents a certain mixture of sounds that build and progress as the night carries on. His unique sets have quickly drawn the attention of dance music enthusiasts, and in his brief year in NYC has played alongside the likes of Quivver, Guy J, Jody Wisternoff, Tom Hades, Kyle Geiger, Luigi Madonna, Motek London, among many others. Keep your ears to the speakers as his silky-smooth layers of beats have given AJ a signature sound not to be missed.

Mark i.e. Cobián:

Born and raised in Connecticut, Mark i.e. Cobián, has always had a strong passion for music. Starting at an early age, listening to his brothers new wave albums, Mark was seduced by the sounds of synthesizers, and drum machines. In his early teens, Mark had purchased a guitar, and shortly after, started playing in Indie Rock bands for roughly eight years. Being the prominent song writer, and vocalist, he was searching for something a little more out of music. Eventually, Mark had parted ways with his band mates, to pursue another musical challenge, and that new challenge, was becoming a Dj. For about five years into perfecting his new craft, he decided to take things a little further, and try his hand at music production. With phenomenal response from fellow Dj's, and avid EDM listeners, Mark i.e. Cobián has been using that support as his driving force, to produce new records, that will make people soar out of this atmosphere. "This is the most excited i've been in years with music. So many new Dj's, and so many new productions, I'm just completely ecstatic to be a part of this movement. Hopefully, I can produce music, and or Dj sets, that will give the listener that same audio pleasure, that I once had when I was learning about this wide world of electronica." This year is going to be an outstanding year, and a huge challenge for Mark, due to his countless hours in the studio, and his monthly Dj sets. His perseverance will make him one of the most watched up and coming artists in the Electronic Dance Music scene. Prepare yourselves and stay tuned...

James Halpin:

"Music is critical to my existence"

James Halpin appreciates and studies all forms of music for their mind altering and intoxicating properties. He's honed in on electronic music as the most effective and universal modern sound to accomplish this. With influences ranging from Johann Sebastian Bach to The Doors to The Chemical Brothers, his goal is to create a communal experience stimulated by music.

His sound explores the deeper and more intricate aspects of electronic music and has been described as adaptive, liquid, and provocative.
Venues he's performed at include Solas, Label Lounge, Grotto, Hotel on Rivington, Hacienda, Recoup Lounge, Club Love, Pacha, Sullivan Room and Lazarza.

Tim Robert:

Tim Robert is a true believer in the transcendent power of dance music. Originally a guitarist/vocalist/songwriter for Boston-based rock bands, Tim moved to NYC in 1999 and spent several years writing music and lyrics for rock theater productions. Having long utilized synthesizers in his own compositions, Tim was primed for his discovery of electronic dance music at clubs such as Twilo and Arc. Thrilled by the power, energy and musical adventurousness of progressive house and trance, Tim ultimately decided to dive into dance music production and DJing.

As a live DJ, Tim aims to create an electrifying, hypnotic atmosphere with powerful grooves that harken back to his experiences at Twilo and Arc. As a producer/remixer, Tim's compositional skills have helped him gain the focused attention of industry insiders. Tim's debut original track "Panodrama", released in 2010 on Mistique Music's VA Album 004, was called "the real gem of the compilation" by Release Promo DJ Pool. In 2012, LuPS Records released Tim's original track "Launch Angle" and two remixes by Tim, all of which were met with enthusiasm for their energy and originality. This past March, Tim's remix of Loquai's "Back Home" landed on Beatport's weekly "10 Must Hear Progressive House Tracks" list. Energized by these successes and the recent release of his "Magnatraction" EP on LuPS Records, Tim is focused on ramping up his output and looks forward to the September 25th release of his remix of Shane's "Drive" on Jetlag Digital.