Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Apreciation of normal consciousness

crouchtig

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Avr 2011
After you've spent a day in an altered state of mind, you gain insights not just about that state, but also insights which come from the ability to compare the experience with normal, sober, waking consciousness.

Normal non-tripping consciousness is slow but steady, like the tortoise that beat the hare. It's resiliant and reliable. It's like a tank, which gradually covers the territory it needs to cover and doesn't concede an inch. It doesn't figure things out as quickly as other states, but it rarely forgets or loses things either. It knows how to protect itself. It's like the humble comfortable home you love to come back to after a holiday. In martial arts terms the tripping mind is Judo, and the non-tripping mind is BJJ.

Sometimes after a long day tripping it's nice to look forward to that good old-fashioned regular thinking.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree man.. in my opinion for many it is ruled too much by the mind tho. and combined with the impression that too many minds are sort of polluted/corrupted/etc, etc as it seems to me, the world has become sick of the activity of individual and collective manifestations of the concept of mind. not saying that the same could not also heal the latter, meaning itself, but it seems it's all a bit out of balance... but then again also the definition of normal may probably be different for everyone. i just think we should rather be working a bit more together with nature than against it. thinking does not always equal knowing or even consciousness in the first place?? it's like there are so many levels etc etc... in addition to that most people seem to be controlled by the subconscious and unconscious aspects of their own mind instead of the other way round which would naturally make more sense to me.
however sometimes i am also a very lazy person hehe... :D
anyway...as i see it, it's all a matter of perspective ...

peace 8)