Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Amtrak Police Dogs

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
Are the Amtrak Police Dogs not trained in sniffing out various cannabis related products or other things :?: Passing through a major city terminal to board a train to get closer to home I encountered a dog that was within 5 feet of me. I was carrying about 60 grams of Nepalese hash. How the fuck didn't the dog smell that along with the pipe & the cannabis I had in my pocket :?: :shock: Are those dogs bomb sniffing dogs post 9/11 only :?: The ride home had me a little baffled as to how I was able to get past the dog & board the train. Was a little uneasy as this was the first time I had ever taken the train. All i can say to Amtrak is :finga: & thanks for the ride :!: :smoke:

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
ImTrippingStupid a dit:
Are the Amtrak Police Dogs not trained in sniffing out various cannabis related products or other things :?: Passing through a major city terminal to board a train to get closer to home I encountered a dog that was within 5 feet of me. I was carrying about 60 grams of Nepalese hash. How the fuck didn't the dog smell that along with the pipe & the cannabis I had in my pocket :?: :shock: Are those dogs bomb sniffing dogs post 9/11 only :?: The ride home had me a little baffled as to how I was able to get past the dog & board the train. Was a little uneasy as this was the first time I had ever taken the train. All i can say to Amtrak is :finga: & thanks for the ride :!: :smoke:
As you said - the Dogs tend to specialize and be trained to sniff out 1 substance.

Those do not appear to have been drug dogs.

logi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Juil 2009
lol, well done for getting through it. If there was a sniffing dog around while I had drugs on me I would drop nuts

J

jenterrier

Invité
Those dogs might just have trained for bomb sniffing. So, the dog has not detected the thing in your pocket. Those dogs might be specialized for just one task.

D

dylonious

Invité
Typically K9s are trained for one purpose, either detecting illegal drugs or detecting chemicals used to make explosives....
I also was in a similar situation on an Amtrak train in which there were two K9 units at the station. Having a very small amount of marijuana in my bag, I steered clear of the dog teams. Once I safely boarded the train and found my seat, I was surprised to have an officer with a K9 stroll past me in the aisle, canvassing the entire train. They remained on the train for 2 hours, making several passes, until a certain stop along the route where they exited the train. If in fact the dog was trained to smell drugs, I would have been busted back at the station. The dog was close enough where he was brushing against my leg as they passed, and he made no indication of interest from smelling marijuana, which was in my bag just above me, and also in my laptop bag. The issue Amtrak is targeting with the extra security is public safety, most likely through TSA guidelines. So in other words, they are looking for something a terrorist may have with them, like explosives, not a little herb that someone uses for personal reasons.

im1badpup

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Sept 2008
they had dogs trained to smell gun lubricant/oil years ago in northern ireland. dunno if thats still a method used today or not.

say with the explosives, they find a smell distinctive to a group of explosives, some residue thats only found in that family. marzipan anyone?

the gun oil/lubricant was used with the idea a dog cant sniff a glock or ak-47 out, considering smuggling of weapons in northern/southern ireland and guns that hadnt been fired because they was new and coming into the country there was no point training the dog to sniff specifically for gunpowder, because there wouldnt always be any.

but all guns was lubed up in the factorys theyre made at prior to transport to prevent rust.

J

johnbaymore

Invité
Actually good for you the dog failed to smell those drugs on you. If he did, then you will be busted. I think some dogs are trained to smell certain drugs only and that particular amtrak police dog was not trained to smell that drug you were carrying. But don't be too happy, maybe next time you will be caught.

T

teenager

Invité
if im not mistaken Amtrak dogs those are what we call the police dogs squad Im i ryt? Those are the police dogs help detect drugs and bombs and search for missing persons..Training police dogs is so hard..Because once in foremost dogs must be extremely well-trained and able to follow commands without hesitation. There are several qualifications that police dog trainers look for in their search for quality and capable. Only select breeds are considered to be police dogs. These breeds (which include German shepherds, Labrador retrievers, golden retrievers and Belgian malinois) are usually selected for their size, intelligence and sense of smell. These dogs are large enough to be held on to in the event of a water rescue, keen enough in smell to detect drugs through a bag, and smart enough to learn the obedience necessary to save a life (possibly their own) in the event of a crisis or emergency.

Inscrit
8 Mai 2010
When I was facing fed time for a crime I didn't commit, I jumped at the chance to take a lie detector test. My attorney at the time knew I was innocent (of the charges I was facing) and advised me against taking it. He told me the test was not an exact science but rather an art that interrogators had developed over the years to incriminate even the innocent. They prefer to interview subjects with lower IQ's in order to catch them in a minor lie and then compound upon that minor lie and jump all over it until they extract even more lies with the ultimate goal being an admission of crime. It's just another tool that the law enforcement officials use to incriminate suspects.

It's my opinion that drug dogs are among the same type of tools used by cops to get what they want --- a conviction by any means necessary. Although I must admit that dogs have incredible noses and I am in no way advocating that drug dogs should be taken lightly. If you have stinky weed, heroin or coke your best bet is to steer clear from cops and drug dogs alike. But should the inevitable occur and you are put in that position, stay stone-cold, keep your mouth shut and ask for an attorney, because obviously something serious is going on. It's your right.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
ive seen MONEY sniffing dogs too, that have been deployed at airport terminals wich go to larg money laundering countries.

they can sniff for anything, but as menioned above, its obvious that the dog wasnt trained for cannabis products.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
read the thread
the answers in there

D

dylonious

Invité
The bottom line is that Amtrak is concerned about the safety of their passengers. In other words, they are looking to ensure there is nothing aboard the train that could endanger their passengers, something along the lines of explosives or weapons. It would be a waste of time to be searching for small amounts of pot that may or may not be carried by a passenger(s).

In response to johnbaymore, I am extremely happy and will be as happy as I want to be. I no longer travel with my medication, instead I medicate before boarding. However, it is clear to see what the dogs are actually policing for...dangerous substances.

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
It is nice to see that there were a bunch of posts on this thread that I had started a long while back. After being offline for so long I totally forgot to even check threads that I had posted on or started. I can say though that I look back to those days that i was riding the train regularly and I laugh about them now. Those were some really awesome days. it will be quite a while before I am able to travel again and be able to smoke as well. I get drug tested way too much these days to bother with much party stuff. I never thought I would say this but I have been kind of enoying sobriety. Another two weeks from now I will be at 15 months without using drugs of any type. I have however been drinking in the recent months. That is about all I can do anymore.

C

cicicot

Invité
Here is the craziest thing, a device that detects everithing ADE 651 ... at least this is what the the company ATSC LTD which produce it pretend.