Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Alcohol and Religion...

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
I know that alcohol was used and is still being used in some religions to get people in a higher state of their mind...

I tried that a couple of times but I just can't... I mean yeah I get this "high" from alcohol but in no way I can be in a higher state of mind... I mean I see alcohol as a downer... It brings you down instead of up...

What are your opinions about it...

cody

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2005
i think there is not much 'religion' about alcohol...just that it works a lot on your mood...
it's true it makes you closer to people,more social but sometimes it's the opposite.
clear thinking is not allways possible but you are more open to other people...that's why some people say things they'll regret later ;)

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
Brakkie , i'm not sure what kind of religion actively uses alcihol for reaching higher states,
it is used by catholics as the "blood of christ" but let's face it , the priests don't bing drink the wine , they just sip it.. i'm sure there's plenty of priests that get mashed on vino in their private quarters, but then so do most single/celibate men...

the other use is the monks in abbeys that brew beer, but that's not a religious thing, it's just something that keeps em busy and makes them a few bucks to keep their abbeys running...

if there are religions where binging is done , do let me know , i might sign up there :D

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
There aren't like really big religions that use but still there are some tribes in Africa and in Sout Africa that really drink a lot to try and get in that high state...

Idiots :lolwsign:

I've to agree that you can get pretty buzzed of alcohol and especially when you're really drunk some people might experience it as a higher state of mind but I just see it as someone who's really fucked :thud:

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
If you drink as much alcohol as to get you in a kind of delirium then it can be quite psychedelic, I think. However it's hard to reach that state without totally passing out plus the day after will be hell on earth plus it's very unhealthy to drink that much plus there's other substances that work a lot better as psychedelics...

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
I totally agree on you Tryptonaut!

I mean passing out on Alcohol might just be their choice of getting in that state... However I don't find any fun in that... (I guess never passed out of booze, but I did from weed like 5 times)...

I hate passing out! There's nothing psychedelic about it if you ask me...

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
although i've had these moments where time stands almost still and i travelled large distances with no effort or discomfort (rain cold)whatsoever, the all famous drinking boots and drinking jacket syndrome

now yes , in the morning , it's hazy , but simple clues do usually tell tale that in fact you did walk 10km's in cold rainy weather.. so it ain't psychedelic :D:D

as for delirium , yes hallucinations allright but they are a severe withdrawel symptom, not an intoxication symptom

i can't see how a religion can use alcihol to rise to a higher plain ,unless they get addicted so far and then go cold turkey just to hallucinate , but that would be a short lived religion , livers don't like it that much :D

just my 2cts

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
Alcohol... I like it a lot and i think Mike Skinner from the Streets puts it at best (and not only about alcohol). 'round three your head is mangled, close to four your mingled, you dance the fandango, sing al your favorite jingles!' 'I would consider you about an eight or a nine. Maybe even nine and a half in four beers time.' His lyrics are straight forward.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
With alcohol you can get in a state of bliss just like with psychedelics - it's very hard to get into that state without totally losing consciousness, but then it's the same as with a heavy dose of shrooms, for example.
I had it once on shrooms that I was into that state and then suddenly realized everybody who is drinking too much alcohol is seeking for that state of bliss (only they don't know other means to reach it better...poor things...)

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
With alcohol you can get in a state of bliss just like with psychedelics - it's very hard to get into that state without totally losing consciousness, but then it's the same as with a heavy dose of shrooms, for example.
I had it once on shrooms that I was into that state and then suddenly realized everybody who is drinking too much alcohol is seeking for that state of bliss (only they don't know other means to reach it better...poor things...)
'A higher state' always confronted me with my emotions. Alcohol just makes me forget all my problems. And even if you could get to that state of mind, you won't remember a thing the next morning. Useless..