Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Advice, planning, and help if you're feeling down.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
First of all I, and everyone else on the forum would like to welcome you! This is a place where you can converse your deepest thoughts, dreams, fears, opinions, and anything else you see fit.

If you are
1. Seeking a psychadelic experience
2. Experienceing negative feelings after a trip

Read on

The forum is for use in insight into spirituality, the mind, the brain, science, exploration, with an emphasis on understanding psychadelics. Sites like this are made commonly, but it is up to you to educate yourself on use of entheogens and psychadelics before doing them yourself!!
Psychadelics are a very strong, intense, and can be a mind-altering experience. They should be used with great respect, caution, and planning, and preferably under experienced guidance. This website does not condone 'tripping' alone, and strongly suggests always having a 'trip sitter'. EVEN with experienced users! By using psychadelics alone you are taking great risks, please be careful.

Members on this forum come from none to legendary and heroic experience (as described by Joe Rogan) The more experienced members understand both psychadelic states of mind and the after effects of these experiences; bliss, understanding, conceptualizing, radical paradigm shifts, and unfortunately depression and anxiety.

If you are having negative effects after a trip, even if accompanied by rational thought, we encourage you to talk to someone, be it on the forum or elsewhere. I personally will always speak to anyone in need of support, or if they are simply curious as to whats going on.

Common and indescribable negative effects from psychadelics that can be dangerous:

(severe) Depression, Confusion, Depersonalization, Anxiety

NOTE: These are normal and common, if you are experiencing them they can be hard to cope with, but they are in no way permanent! Again, experience of any of these emotions, it is encouraged to talk to someone about your feelings.

or speak to the following, who will also be glad to help:
???????? - PM

Also:

_Avatar_ a dit:
si_UEw150_SEN_Logo_V_3292_0700%20111.jpg

All members of SEN's Referral Directory are licensed and insured and specialize in or have been trained to deal with many psychospiritual issues (including the various effects of psychedelics).

The website of this organization (with contact information for each state or country) can be found here:

http://www.spiritualemergence.info/

The German branch:

http://www.senev.de/

The UK:

http://www.transpersonalcentre.co.uk/find_a_therapist.htm
http://www.spiritualcrisisnetwork.org.uk/

Canada:

http://www.spiritualemergence.net/

And Australia:

http://www.spiritualemergence.org.au/

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i'd be glad to help too... so i just post here to fall under jesus' colon?

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
So I havent injested any psychoactive materials in quite some time [around 7 months] and i havent tripped in even longer that that. A friend of myne did a DMT extraction, Im assuming ill have some in my possession soon, but i know im not mentally prepared yet. So it will deffinatly be collecting dust somewhere. BUT I do plan on a nice mushroom trip in a few weeks, to sort of get a perception of where im a spiritually. I allready have the music under control, ive got a couple hundred tracks that ive deemed 'tripworthy', but im planning on this being quite a heavy dose, not quite epic, but not quite 'for fun'. Im thinking 8-9 grams, of some homegrown, that another friend grew. So my question is this.. when im not wrapped up in a cuccoon with the music on, traveling thrugh my soul into the outer most limits of reality, what should i do inbetween? I have a few trip toys [my fvorite is a waterbottle filled with colored glitter and watter, you shake it and prop it ontop of a flashlight in the corner of the room, and watch the colors swirl around you]

Ive hade quite a few nice trips, but its been so long, and looking back my trips wernt all that productive, im young and still learning. Ive spent the past 7 months sobor, meditating almost daily, and doing yoga every saturday, and im ready to venture back out into psychedelia.

And suggestions?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Im thinking 8-9 grams, of some homegrown, that another friend grew. So my question is this.. when im not wrapped up in a cuccoon with the music on, traveling thrugh my soul into the outer most limits of reality, what should i do inbetween? I have a few trip toys [my fvorite is a waterbottle filled with colored glitter and watter, you shake it and prop it ontop of a flashlight in the corner of the room, and watch the colors swirl around you]

If you're doing 8-9g of dried homegrown cubensis, then just forget about any kind of trip toys or things to do. Even forget about music. Be sure to have a comfy bed/sofa/mattress and no dangerous items (like knives etc) around where you could step in or fall on. Other than stepping into, or falling onto something, you won't be able to do much, believe me!
With that amount of mushrooms I always have to have total silence and total darkness (some moonlight will be bright enough, believe me!). Have a bottle of water ready, and maybe a bottle of wine - sometimes for me it's comforting to have drink of red wine because it brings me down a little when I'm tripping really hard, but that's a personal choice I guess. Usually a bottle of water should be fine.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
trick, if you're really doing what you say you're doing, then i see no problems for you. simply make sure you don't rush the day you decide to trip if it's inconvenient, and also try to finish all unfinished matters be it with relationships, or physical deadlines, you want a zero-stress environment, then, i think it will be a blast. enjoy. i hopefully look forward to seeing what sort of insights you might have

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
Yep im just waiting for the right time. Most of the things mentioned i allready have knowledge about. I have a small bit of DMT comming my way soon, but its getting put away for much later. Im looking forward to my first trip into the DMT realm.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
simply make sure you don't rush the day you decide to trip

Yes, and if, on the day you were supposed to trip, you don't feel like it, don't do it. I find it is better to feel completely at ease with tripping at the moment of ingestion.
BUT some kind of apprehension is normal, especially when it's your first time doing such a high dose (don't know if it is for you...), and it shouldn't stop you from tripping. It is in fact a good thing, a sign that you respect the substance and that you are aware of what you are doing.

Good tripping my friend :)

EDIT: A question to people who are experienced with very high dosages. The highest dosage I ever took was 5.5g dried. I didn't get the kind of trip I expected to (too weak). The kind of trip I'm looking for is a complete disconnection with reality. I want to dive deep in the mushroom world. Should 7g do the job, or would 10g be better? Do you feel the jump would be too big from 5.5g to 10g? The 5.5g trip wasn't a very good trip, because hunger made me suffer from the onset to the end, and at the peak I got the feeling that I wasn't ready for such a high dose. That was a year ago. Now I feel ready for more, but on christmas holidays I'm gonna take 4g dried only, to make sure I'm not overestimating my capacity again.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
On every peak I've encountered I have always come to the conclusion that 'this peak is too strong'. Even with low doses... it doesn't really matter the dose, your revelations are just going to be more intense, but in most cases you are going to learn the same material... but I understand there are certain levels (probably 3) where the trips are distinctly different.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
psychoid, i've had only 7 grams before, so i dont want to sound like THE authority.. but for me, it wasn't enough. my largest dose before that was only 1/8, and im positive the mushrooms i had for the 7 gram dose were of quality, because i had been doing fungi for a couple years prior. if i were to dose that trip properly having that knowledge, i would have taken no less than 8 grams, but not much more than 10. that would have been the perfect range for me personally, to get to the out of body state. as a reference point, i weighed 130, 5'9", lean build. so idk, im not advising you to do that, but hopfully that info helps you to make the proper decision for yourself

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
why not keep munching until the bag is finished?

what would be the difference between, say, 10 grams dried and 15 grams dried and 20, 50, 100?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Then I'd eat 19 grams of potent shrooms said to have been dipped in LSD?

I'll start with the 4 grams. I'll have 15g left for my next trip ;)

Forkbender a dit:
what would be the difference between, say, 10 grams dried and 15 grams dried and 20, 50, 100?
I am very curious too. Would it be reasonable to, let's say, take 4 grams as I planned to, and if everything goes well and I feel ready for it (which I already do), take 15 grams when the snow's gone? Are you able to interact at such doses? Or do you hallucinate so much that it becomes impossible? I've had an experience with 2 ecstasy pills and 2.5g of shrooms where, for an hour, I was seeing the exact same thing (crazy CEV's), eyes opened or closed. Except from the fact that I had the feeling that my brain was melting, I had no particular problem, and I didn't feel it was unbearable. I learned that when you combine these two, better not ingest them at the same time. E first, shrooms once you peak is the best. Cause after the hour I cam down very fast pretty much back to baseline except that I couldn't sleep for 5-6 hours

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
why not keep munching until the bag is finished?

that would be catapulting yourself (out) of reality?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
well, considering that psilocybin is toxic, and i personally dont know how much i would have to take to hit that point... i'd rather not advise anything around the triple digits, just as a very vague point of reference.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Psilocybin has an LD 50 of 280mg/kg."

That means 17,8 grams of psilocybin for me. How much mushrooms should I take to ingest 17,8 grams of psilocybin?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
depends on the species.

If we take the most potent ones, the Azurescens, you should eat about a kilogram of dried shrooms.

(dried Azurs contain about 1.0 - 1.7 % psilocybin)

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
although the exact quantity you'd have to eat is absurd and hard to figure out, so is the recommendation for someone to jump from several grams to a hundred. :idea:

why are we even TALKING about this haha.

well, the real question is.. do we have any voulenters for testing?

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
I just wanted to add that there is a network of professionals (therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and so on) that you can contact if your psychedelic experience has a prolonged negative reaction. It's called the Spiritual Emergency Network and they have a 24/7 telephone referral center.

si_UEw150_SEN_Logo_V_3292_0700%20111.jpg

All members of SEN's Referral Directory are licensed and insured and specialize in or have been trained to deal with many psychospiritual issues (including the various effects of psychedelics).

The website of this organization (with contact information for each state or country) can be found here:

http://www.spiritualemergence.info/

The German branch:

http://www.senev.de/

The UK:

http://www.transpersonalcentre.co.uk/find_a_therapist.htm
http://www.spiritualcrisisnetwork.org.uk/

Canada:

http://www.spiritualemergence.net/

And Australia:

http://www.spiritualemergence.org.au/