Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Admin account

G

Invité
Caduceus, could you explain why you changed the admin account's password, making Forkbender (who's supposed to be the one in charge here) unable to use it ?

Thanks

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
yes, what is it with that? i think thats illegal isnt it? hijacking a website you have no rights over

G

Invité
Ganesha a dit:
:shock:

what?

It seems like that CM found out the admin's account password by accident, and he used it to ban, revoke moderator's rights and finally he changed this password so the website real admin (Fork) can't access it anymore.

Of course, it's hard to tell what the real deal is when all you get from the interested are things like "my conscience is fine with what I did", when he even answer at all.

So CM, could you clarify this situation for us ?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Yeah, blame the guy who was threatened with physical violence by a member that should have been banned months ago yet, was ignored by the responsible moderators all along.

So why don't all of you just go fuck yourselves?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Was Forkbender in charge? I didn't notice.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Go fuck yourself CM.

The only one I see here doing something illegal and childish here, is you CM.
You don't like a member, so you hack the forum to ban him?
And you think we are going to accept this and kneel in front of you as the new leader of this forum?
Fuck it, as long as any of your username is still active on the forum I am not posting here again.
You can remove my moderator rights, you can delete my account, I don't give a fuck, you're a dick and as long as you stay here this forum stinks too much for me.

I really hope you're going to get in BIG trouble Caduceus. You deserve it.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Jesus christ you are all degrading the forum now, if there are issues using lots of cursewords isn't going to help. Try to show some respect for eachother. I thought people here would be capable of mutual respect, even if discussions get a bit heated. Do we really want to schism this forum because of GOD doing what he always did or because people have a different opinion about what's good for the forum.

Peace and Unconditional love

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I'm on my way out.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Tiax a dit:
It seems like that CM found out the admin's account password by accident, and he used it to ban, revoke moderator's rights and finally he changed this password so the website real admin (Fork) can't access it anymore.
I didn't get the password by accident, although I had not asked for it. The site owner, sitting 4 meters away from me at the time, sent an email containing the new password. Since then I've used it to fix news items (front page articles) and delete spam. After I changed the password of Ground Control I sent it to the site owner, who will be back from his holiday later this week. He will have to look into the threads where things went awry recently (which includes the Newsletter thread in the moderators forum, which contains very harsh words by GOD and a very inappropriate remark by Forkbender).

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Sorry for the disturbance on my part.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Heartcore a dit:
Yeah, blame the guy who was threatened with physical violence by a member that should have been banned months ago yet, was ignored by the responsible moderators all along.

Exactly! If someone is physical threatening another, then it's clear the forum rules where ignored. And if the member who is threatening seems also to be a moderator, then this is very wrong! Fork and some other moderators did ignore this kind of behavior, and did accept it without seeing how many members have left the board because of GOD behavior.

I am glad, that CM hijacked the account and showed me and you, that enough is enough. Look at last month, there was so much peace and respect, till GOD appeared, and it didn't took long and the trouble started again. It wasn't the first time, and it wouldn't have been the last time, if cm didn't hijack the admin account.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Sorry for the harsh words, but am I supposed to respect one guy who disrespected a whole community by taking rights over it that he's not supposed to have?

First of all, there was no PHYSICAL threat. Prove me wrong if you can, but I didn't see any. I saw a threat about making someone pay for the consequences of its irresponsible behavior, IF those consequences occured. I see nothing wrong in that.

GOD may bring some heat to the forum and have a problem with his attitude, but he doesn't deserve to be banned. Isn't it always the same people who are getting in trouble with him? I think those people should take some time to THINK, because it is often clear to me that that's what GOD wants to acheive in a lot of his "rude" posts. I see a lot of people getting pissed off at him because he is rubbing them in the face something for which they gave lots of efforts not to think about.

Since GOD came back, the trouble started in the thread about Ahuax who was thinking about suicide. GOD may have initiated the "fight", but it's just because he said what any person with good sense would have thought = CM was saying dangerous bullshit, by telling him that because of his astrology sign it is normal that he is contemplating death and blah blah... Again, GOD was right, he just didn't express himself in a peaceful way. But I did have shivers when I read CM's post too and I think GOD was right.

If I had to choose between banning GOD or CM, it would be CM for sure. Although I wouldn't ban anyone in fact.

Caduceus, you are not better than the anti-drug prohibitionnists.

P.S.: I'm not trying to protect GOD, I'm just expressing what I think. GOD has his flaws, it is true, he may be a disturbance sometimes, but I've rarely seen him being the only actor in the disturbance, and being the (real) source of the problem. And even more rarely I've seen someone prove him wrong. So who's the nuisance? Him, or the ones who take every chance to twist what he says to try to ridicule him or make him seem wrong (I've seen a lot of that), who keep fighting with him even when they have been proved wrong in 3 different ways.

Here is what I think happenned: CM read GOD's threat to "get him", and thought "here's my occasion to make this bitch pay" (we all know CM keeps a huge grudge against GOD). So again, he twisted what GOD said in a PHYSICAL threat so it becomes something really bad and justifies banning him. So he took rights that he doesn't have, using admin's account to ban GOD, and, why not, revoke Restin's mod status on the way. All of that without a word to the rest of the community. Meaning that CM should represent the whole community? If so, then bye bye, I'm not part of this forum anymore, there's no way someone like CM is gonna have a link with me.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
"Can't we all just get along?"

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Uh? You mean continue like nothing happenned? No, never.

Caduceus, why didn't you consult any of the forum staff and members before acting?
If you honestly answer this question, and your conscience is still fine with what you did, then I seriously think that you are mentally ill and an example of the type of person that lead our society to become as corrupt and individualist as it is today.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psychoid, I understand your feelings about me, and will try to answer your questions, and those asked by others, but I can't answer them all at once, or immediately. Moreover, for the time being I'd rather focus on what I believe is the crux of the matter.

The physical threat wasn't the reason for GOD's ban, although it's true that restin's messing up the thread that contained this threat was why it happened at that particular moment. GOD's behavior in general, over the course of years, is the reason for his ban. Two former moderators have commented yesterday that "GOD should have been banned months/years ago." Two other members said the same thing. In the past Rutger, Jakobien and Mycophile (all former moderators with Administrator rights) have considered the need to ban GOD. The person who was the Site Admin before me (HeartCore), didn't ban GOD but threw his hands in the air and left. I did the same in January.

Psychonaut.com isn't just a community, it is also a URL. And that URL contains a word that people interpret differently. For some a psychonaut means a certain thing, and for another it means something else. For some it may include interest in esoteric subjects, for others such interests are a disgrace to the URL and what it represents.

GOD has very strong opinions on what it means to be a psychonaut, and what kind of topics are a disgrace to this website. He also has very strong opinions as to what kind of personal interests qualify one for being in need of a psychiatrist.

I do not want to get into these personal interests now, hence I will not answer your question about astrology yet. I do want to comment however that Ahua said: "beleive it or not the astrology bit gave me quite a bit of guidance by pitting it with my own view of it."

Back to the web URL, Psychonaut.com. What does it mean? A whole lot to GOD. A bit too much it seems. All of of us can get along pretty well, namely the down-to-earth and the esoterically inclined psychonauts. There's just one person who is literally on a witch hunt around here, and that has always been GOD. Not recently, always. Before I came here, before HeartCore came here. Neither HeartCore nor I started any problems here. We both came here with typical psychonaut interests. The stuff that's discussed in books by Stan Grof, Terence McKenna, and other authors whose name GOD can't even spell correctly.

So what about that? Are the esoteric folks hijacking this forum? I don't think so. They are posting here like everybody else, but they also have their own websites where they can do their own thing. HeartCore has at least one website, I've got one or two, MaxFreakout has his own projects, Jeniger created a site, and I know many psychonauts also have a MySpace, Flickr, or Facebook account, and some are members at other forums. For GOD however, psychonaut.com is the only place where he does his thing. It's his territory, and he defends it vehemently. If anyone hijacked this forum (long ago), it is he.

GOD is appreciated for wishing to keep this website a reputable place, because psychonauts are already stigmatised because of the War on Drugs. GOD even got his own section dedicated to legalization, and became the moderator of that section. But you'll notice that a major part of GOD's strategy of legalization consists of criticizing other attempt and efforts to legalize drugs or spread awareness (for example, organizing protest marches etc.), as well as lashing out at those who supposedly give psychonauts a bad name. You see? GOD's dedication to legalization is just the flipside of his hatred towards the esoteric.

So, back to the issue again: the URL of the website: Psychonaut.com. This is what it's all about. For GOD this URL is very important. He will not attempt to set up his own website under a different URL. He will not take his personal interests and passion and create something of his own. He will not publish books or articles. All he will do is misinterpret and attack those of others.

Like I said, most of us have other places to express ourselves. For GOD it is and always has been only this place, psychonaut. It's the only place he's writing. And he does so with agression and bad taste, we all seem to agree on that. He's defending this place as if it were his territory, as if he knows best what is and what isn't a psychonaut, as well as what is and what isn't true, and who is and who isn't mentally healthy.

It is for these reasons that GOD needed to be banned, long ago. And I can imagine many of you feel sad about this, because GOD was indeed intelligent and learned in certain areas, and sure he was funny and he did contribute to the forum.

But sometimes that isn't enough. I told him over half a year ago, when I was still the Site Admin, that if he wanted to be the arbiter of what can and cannot be discussed on Psychonaut.com, he should buy the website from the current site owner, or convince the site owner to create a more detailed mission statement for the site, or he should simply create his own website. He didn't do either of these. Nor did he change his ways.

Regarding GOD's learning and experience with psychedelics, on this website it was mainly used to attack and ridicule others, while his sense of humor contained too many references to sexual perversions, as well as double meanings that simply cause more confusion and trouble.

His recent come-back to the tune of Gary Glitter (which I, a victim of child abuse, do not find funny at all) and jokes about anal sex, with immediate assaults following in several threads, including a threat ("FUCK DUTCH LAW and FUCK THE FORUM RULES"), were the reason why I banned him. As far as the accusation of hijacking is concerned, ask yourself: who hijacked this site first?

To me the main issue is clearly something between GOD and all the esoterically inclined members, AS WELL AS something between GOD and ALL former site administrators. Since I'm both a professional astrologer as well as the former site admin, the fight seems to revolve around me and GOD. But anyone who's willing to take a deeper look into this will understand this has very little to do with me. Sure, the way it (the ban) happened involves my style (my ego?), but at least it did happen, finally. I think my explanation is reasonable. What do you think?

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
I think 'we like esoterics and GOD doesn't so I'll ban him' is the basis of your argument.

Just as Psychoid said, you used this threat as an excuse to get rid of someone you don't agree with.

'GOD's behavior in general, over the course of years, is the reason for his ban.'

If that's so, and this isn't cleared up, I'm out of here. I enjoyed my brief stay. Those few that remain, enjoy your fascism.

This forum is fucked if this is not cleared up. There's nothing wrong with esoterics and astrology being discussed on this forum, and there's nothing wrong with someone, however vehemently, criticising it.

Sorry CM, I like reading your posts, even the ones about astrology, but I like reading them in a place of free speech.

I am not defending GOD. This has NOTHING to do with GOD and esoterics and EVERYTHING to do with free speech.