Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

About my cubensis growbox. Need help !

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
I bought this nice growbox from a good online store, actually my first one =)..

The shrooms just recently stated to grow, (about 2 days ago) and there is only like 10 of them total.
Em I doing something wrong when I have the box in the bag that follows with the package ? or should I do something else ? or is it normal that only like 10 of the shrooms starting to grow and there are more coming up in a couple of days or so ?

It stands on my kitchen table where it´s abot 22degrees celsius constant. No direct sunlight and i´ts dark during the night.
Mabey someone have their own special way ?, if that is the case or if U have other good tips for me please share it with me, and mabey some other who have the same problem, if there is a problem.

kind regards Lasson :lol:

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
My experience with these kind of kits is that it really does not matter how many shrooms will grow. If you have the total cake covered with shooms they normally will stay small while when there only like 10 shrooms they will get bigger.

The total yield over average 2-4 flushes is then still the same. Of course don't know where you got it but most kits available are pretty good an they only thing that will decrease yield is when the kit is old or when it dries out , so keep it moist ! Gool luck !

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Rutger a dit:
they only thing that will decrease yield is when the kit is old or when it dries out , so keep it moist !

Ok so I should besides this: http://www.*******.net/uk/growboxinstructions_UK.pdf

Spray it with some water or something else to keep it "moist" ?
Or can I just keep it like the instructions says ?

/Lasson

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Yes the instructions should be fine. Just make sure the bag you put it in is fully closed and that you do not put in over a heater or something else that is too hot or you might evaporate the water inside.

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Thanks for your answers RUTGER.

Just some more qestion:

Should I keep the box in daylight when it´s day and let it be dark when i´ts night or is it better if I somehow keep it in the light all the time ?
Up here in the north it´s only daylight like 6 hours a day this time of year.
Is that bad for the shrooms ?
What does the shrooms like ? :)

Happy for answers...

Best regards

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
As far as I know the light is only for the direction of the mushrooms so they know where to go. I think it will be fine with only 6 hours of light.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
As far as I know, light is needed to 'tell' the mycelium to fruit in shrooms.
But even very few light may do the trick (not obviously sun light, a lamp can do it).
My growboxes (also first experience) did also no more than 8-12 shrooms but some becames pretty big.
I weighted my best big-dumbo shroom (see http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... 26&lang=fr). at 56 g when just gathered :)

One of the boxes gave me more shrooms but they were globally smaller than the ones with fewer shrooms.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I posted these last week for Goran, but if you want real results growing shrooms, this is the only way to go. Use a spore print or syringe to inocculate a jar of honey water. 1 cc of spore solution is enough to colonize a quart jar in 2 weeks. Then you have a whole jar of spores instead of one little syringe. Then use that liquid culture to innocculate jars of bird seed. ( Vermiculite and brown rice cakes are very low in nutrients which is why they suck so terribly bad)
http://www.shroomery.org/9030/Docs-Wild-Bird-Seed-Tek

Then use those colonized jars of bird seed to innoculate some horse poo. I use a big rubbermaid container with 4, one inch holes drilled in it, stuffed with poly-fill to allow fresh air exchange. You don't need to mist it, or fan it out or anything.

http://www.shroomery.org/8388/Bulk-Neglect-Report

just trying to help, is all. :D

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Thanks for the tips/help.

There is 10 big beutiful shrooms in my box now =).
And i´m about to weight them on friday when i get my new scale.
1 of the shrooms is premature if I say so, so i will pick that in just an hour.

Just wondering if i can have fresh cubensis in the refrigerator, and how shold i contain them ? I have a plastic box with a lid, will that do or does it need some air or something ?

Kind regards

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
It's normal to have only 10 shrooms (can be more if you're lucky, but 10 is still normal). You can keep to the instructions but fan air into the case/bag twice a day (and keep it moist, of course). In my experience the extra air is needed, just opening the case/bag a little is not enough.

When your first flush is harvested, flood the box with water for a day (fill it with lots of water). After about a day pour out the water (be careful, you don't want to pour out all the vermiculite). You'll be delighted with how big the shrooms in your second flush will be!
The first time I done this I expected nothing special but then the shrooms got so big I couldn't believe it. They were almost as big as amanita muscaria.

G

Invité
If you spray water to keep the humidity up, try to never ever spray directly on the vermerculite, because of the chance of infections...

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Lasson a dit:
Just wondering if i can have fresh cubensis in the refrigerator, and how shold i contain them ? I have a plastic box with a lid, will that do or does it need some air or something ?

Kind regards

G

Invité
It depends how long you want to keep 'em.
If you want to keep 'em for a longer time I suggest drying them and then putting them with silicagelsachets in a box and put them in the fridge or freezer.

You can't keep em longer then (I thought) 3 weeks in the refridgerator... fresh.

You can also make a "tea" of it and store it in a bottle in your fridge.

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Yes I´ll know that. I´m about to eat the shrooms in this weekend.

But I don´t know if the lid on the box shold be closed or if the shrooms need some air when i´ts in the refrigerator ?

Kind regards

G

Invité
You can make some small holes in the lid, the smartshops here sell them with holes in the lid.
That's the way they keep them in the fridge

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
I have harvest my growkit today :D
Total weight is 130 Gr, and the biggest one was 28 Gr. One of my friend who is joining me tonight when the shrooms are being eaten is on penecillin, doe´s that matter ???

Here are some photos:

dsc00159.jpg

dsc00161.jpg

dsc00162.jpg

kind regards...

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Looking NICE!!!! :D 8)

* i wanna buy a kit like that.. * :oops:

Btw, I don't think it's a problem with the guy. I'm not 100% sure but I can't see why it would be a problem.

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
And now they are gone :lol:

We were four guys yesterday and we had alot of fun, not so many visuals, buts lots and lots of funny thoughts and long long laughts, all of us were a litte more philosofical if I say so, and the trip started about 11PM and were almoust gone (but still there) 3:30AM when we went to sleep...

Next time weré gonna take like 40Gr each instead of 30 so we get some more wisuals cause that it so nice.

Don´t know if i´m aloud to tell were I bought the kit, but it was bought here:
http://www.*******.net/index.php

Tell me if i´m not aloud and I will edit this post :D

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Here is some photos on flush nr: 2. They were bigger this time and a total of 161,4 Gr and the biggest one was 32,5 Gr =). Planning to dry those... And eat them next weekend... (I´m happy now =)

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

/Lasson

Mr_Spider

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
Wow Lasson...those look simply delicious...

Do let us know how the increased dosage and visuals come together for you...Mz Fly and I will be taking off on Saturday evening and landing sometime early Sunday morning...we'll be thinking of those fine looking fungal specimens of yours and sending you psychadelic energy from Canada where there is plenty of fungus among us...