Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

A guide to concentration meditation that is not bullshit

Catblack

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Nov 2011
There is more nonsense talked about meditation than nearly anything else. I've hung around with a few meditation groups, and sadly even people with some experience of meditation have the idea that it is something vaguely holy and mysterious. It is not. Meditation is something you can learn, practice and get good at. You can get good at it in six months to two years of daily practice. It's not very complicated; it just takes a little effort, and fortunately a lot of smart people have walked the path before us and laid out exactly how to do it, how not to do it, the difficulties you are likely to encounter, the antidotes to these difficulties and the circumstances.

Now, it is not my intention to summarize all these teachings in a forum post, but I can point you to a few good resources that talk about meditation in a way that normalizes it. I've read dozens of books and attended course on the subject, and these are the only ones worth a damn. If you prefer fluffy talk about flowers and sunshine, don't read these, but if you want to actually master concentration practise, read them and practice every day -

H2O2

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Nov 2011
'not bullshit'
'no sunshine and flowers'
'The only ones worth a damn'
=
hostility?

+
There are probably a few hundred thousand books on meditation. In English alone.
You've read a few dozen. Are you sure those are 'the only ones worth a damn'?

+
Reading about meditation, while better than not reading about it, is still not meditating.
It's usually not the 'complications' of meditation that keeps people from it, it's the simplicity.

- - - - - - - - -

I don't mean to come off as an ingrate. Thanks for sharing those links!

Salut!

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
You can meditate all day long, meditation is just concentration on the moment.

soulsearcher

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Oct 2012
I've just started meditating..find it hard, usually fall asleep, but must persevere !