Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

A New World. Help!

ShadowJack

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mai 2007
Hi. I'm an italian guy, 18 years old, And I've just started approaching to the world of psychonautism. I'm trying to get a good base-culture, but over the net you find everything and its contrary. So what's a good bibliography to start, and to procede? Furthermore, there is the "stuff" problem. How not to get dangerous stricnine shit? (dunno if this a good question on a forum)
So, everyone who think that may help me, Just do it.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
ShadowJack a dit:
Hi. I'm an italian guy, 18 years old, And I've just started approaching to the world of psychonautism. I'm trying to get a good base-culture, but over the net you find everything and its contrary. So what's a good bibliography to start, and to procede? Furthermore, there is the "stuff" problem. How not to get dangerous stricnine shit? (dunno if this a good question on a forum)
So, everyone who think that may help me, Just do it.
Don't know what stricine is.. But is you want to know this world read some books. Like; Plant of the Gods.
Erowid.org is a great way to begin. Lots of info there!
on http://www.matrixmasters.com/index.shtml you can find hours of Podcast including Terrence McKenna real sweet 8)

And for things you can't find online ask on this forum :lol:

Greetings

G

Invité
about literature, i would advise you to start with alan watts. then move to mckenna.
if you have a solid philosophical education, you can jump right ahead to mckenna.
if not, (many people here won't agree with me, but it is what i think) read plato, nietzsche, even descartes, kant and liebniz. i find them always interesting to read,and that is what makes a writer great - the one who can stand the test of time.
watts, imho, won't stand as the time passes. as for mckenna, i am pretty sure it will influence many generations to come. as someone said in this forum, if only a fraction of mckenna's thought is true, he will be regarded as the copernicus of the mind. or something like that.
if you want to start, go for the LSD and the shrooms, and remember to start with baby steps (with small doses). although a strong dose at first can be fun after the trip has ended, it is no fun meanwhile it happens. but i don't find any fun in them even if i trip hard, or if i have an easy trip. they are teachers. they connect you with ... well, i don't know what they connect you. some say the overmind, some say the eternal now. some say the inner you.

i hope i've helped.

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
daytripper a dit:
as someone said in this forum, if only a fraction of mckenna's thought is true, he will be regarded as the copernicus of the mind. or something like that.

Allmost right! :wink:

G

Invité
ahhh, there's it is! i knew i've seen it here. thanks for correcting me! 8)

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
YOU'RE ITALIAN AND YOU DON'T TELL ME FIRST??????
Mi deludi amico :?
no scherzo comunque segui quello che dice Daytripper sono in sintonia con lui

english: just kidding, however follow what daytripper says...it's good advise.

Greetings
Benvenuto
edit:
Non badare al fatto che ho scritto Norway...ma ci vivo ...che ce' voi fa?

ShadowJack

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mai 2007
SWIM has tried shrooms, but He just completely isolated himself. He wrote down som good stuff, but nthng better than he's used to. LSA seeds were much better, whit swim just keeping believing that he was two persons. Unfortunately, both experiences wasn't made in the right set. Thank you very much for being interested, Swim's going to try LSD this summer. "in gelatina" I dunno the translation... like soft candies, ya know? It's good? About stricnine, in my country it is usual to find stuff that is only for an half what you want. It depends from the pusher, I suppose, but it's not so obvius to find someone realiable

Per il compatriota in quel di Norvegia, felice di conoscerti. Come sei finito là? Io son di bologna. Buoni ganci come li trovo?

Ah, really, thank you to everyone. Too kind

ShadowJack

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mai 2007
Ah, I've found somewhere that whit strong doses the trip is less introspective and more visual. It's true?
About phlosophy I got a good base so I'll start whit McKenna (Hvn't heard before!)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
ShadowJack a dit:
Ah, I've found somewhere that whit strong doses the trip is less introspective and more visual. It's true?
About phlosophy I got a good base so I'll start whit McKenna (Hvn't heard before!)

My personal preference is highest dose and be in silent darkness by myself. Trips tend to be very visual but also very introspective. This is with mushrooms by the way.

Since Terence was mentioned a couple of times in this thread, he said something like:

"Since we are (while loaded on an etheogen) observing a mental phenomena and naturally the best way to do that, seems to be to disconnect as much external stimuli as possible".

For most people though, including me, this is something you work towards to (or not, there are relatively little people who search an experience that deep compared to the number of people that never get past a sub treshold or half a real dose in their life. And there's actually nothing wrong with that ;) It took me personally about one year untill I did my first deep trip by myself on a heavy dose but I was seven years older than you by the time for what it's worth. Don't rush anything seems the key but you come across like you are approaching this all in a very intelligent way so you'll be ok ;)

Love/peace
Hc

yourownworld

Psycho disparu·e
Inscrit
22 Juin 2006
aldous huxley's book "the doors of perception" is nice to introduce yourself in a new world, after you've got to have your own experiences and opinions cause reality is more than any words can explain. maybe we can resume that with "all you need is love" ^^

peace

edit: for me, the best way to really learn something with psychedelics, is alone when the night comes, with music like mozart or maybe the doors,queen... and it's necessary to be sober for a certain time.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
mi pare che non tu sia passato a vedere se avevi nuovi messeggi personali...controlla perchè ti ho scritto :) comunque se vui ti risponderò alla domanda un'altra volta.

il piacere è tutto mio, sono finitoci in Norvegia perchè ci lavora il mio babbo e io da bravo furbacchione che sono l'ho raggiunto (anche se non è così semplice come sembra...la storia è più complessa)...bene io son fiorentino di nascita...scusa ma manco dall'italia da molto...cosa intendi per buoni ganci??

Edit: sorry you guys but i had to...please don't ask me to translate :(

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
-_________-' ok ok i understand i will do that...gee you guys you don't let anyone be lazy on languages :p i do the same to others tho :lol: i must say that on this i'm very christian LOL!!

this is what i said

pleasure is all mine, i happen to be in Norway cause i followed my dad...blabla...was born in florence ...blabla...been missing from italy for a while what do you mean by "ganci" (hooks)
uff...it' so draining...bummer i'm in a bummer mood i can't be bothered to do anything :(

ShadowJack

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Mai 2007
Un gancio è un tipo che trova le cose di cui ognuno di noi ha desiderio. Lol.
A Hook is someone who find the stuff we need.

I've red huxley, I haven't appreciated that he try tu run a general philosphy from a very personal experience.

Ah, McKenna is absolutely fuckin genial! Timewave0 rules!

Thank you guys...