Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
thadivine a dit:
what do you think is gonna happen ;)?
I assume i'll have my 25th birthday, and i hope to be working at my cognitive artificial intelligence master for some time by then.

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
I don't want to point an exact date, or even year to it. But I think that our awareness is expanding, very gradually. The process has started some time ago and ends around 2012. What exactly it means, or what is going to happen I have no idea but luckily time will tell us.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I don't know.
but that the world will end in that year is my standard excuse for many things, very practical.

"hmm, maybe I should study chemistry instead of photography, so that I get a good secure job. ........ no fuck that, the world is going to end anyway" :D

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Got no idea whats gonna happen if anything is gonna happen. But i have the strange feeling there IS something going to happen in 2012..

Sometimes i think why am i still on this bullshit school wasting my time with crap when i could explore the world before its too late? I wanna experience life, not live as a zombie doing about the same things every single day...

But then i think, what if nothing is gonna happen? Then I would waste my future..

So i'll just finish school and explore the world before going to University...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
thadivine a dit:
Got no idea whats gonna happen if anything is gonna happen. But i have the strange feeling there IS something going to happen in 2012..
many people have had that feeling before, the world ended many times in history :)

the funny thing is that many things really point to 2012. but well, time will tell

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Many people confused have predicted the end of the world with different reasons .

The jehovas witnesses have done it several times by counting the days in the bible from the creation up to Armagedon . Strangely enough their truth , the bible , gods word was wrong each time and they had to change the date . They have now stopped giving exact dates and say that it is any day soon .

Others have said Nostradamus predicted it for many different years acording to the signs that they thought that they saw in their day ,without realising that Nostradamus didnt predict it at all . His predictions were so vauge and ununderstandable that they could mean anything . He was a clever man and used sugestion to get people to think about the future , what they are doing and the concequencys . When he was alive he used tricks and molded his predictions to get the results that he wanted .

I think that you are talking about uncle Terrance , the psychedelic mad hatters silly mayan calender theorys ? About a cataclysm happening on the 21st of december 2012 . Wich he took over from a man called Jose Arguilles and mixed it with other theorys wich he then called "Time wave zero" , wich had to be corrected at least once because someone pointed out that the calculations had been done wrong . Its based on a personal mixture of mayan calender theorys , astrology and I-ching theorys = its superstition , hokus pokus and totaly irelevant .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_calender
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Arguelles

The only thing that is going to happen on that date is i`m going to have a party and laugh myself stupid at all the supersticious idiots that will then find another date when something is definatly going to happen again !!!!

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
God for someone knowing the ins and out of Terence theory and claiming you know what exactly he meant, you sure as hell have difficulties spelling his name.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
OK i cant spell , so here my apologys to the Terence Mckenna fan club . SORRY .

If you think i dont understand his theorys please explain to us EXACTLY what he meant by time wave zero ? EXACTLY what he was predicting for the 21st of december 2012 ? and the relevance of time wave zero and his predictions for the 21st of december 2012 to the lives of the people of the world ?

Love and piece .

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
GOD a dit:
OK i cant spell , so here my apologys to the Terence Mckenna fan club . SORRY .

If you think i dont understand his theorys please explain to us EXACTLY what he meant by time wave zero ? EXACTLY what he was predicting for the 21st of december 2012 ? and the relevance of time wave zero and his predictions for the 21st of december 2012 to the lives of the people of the world ?

Love and piece .

he didn't predict anything exact. he said that anything could happen and that he doesn't know. he just said that something really relevant may happen.
as far as I got it..

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
Its based on a personal mixture of mayan calender theorys , astrology and I-ching theorys = its superstition , hokus pokus and totaly irelevant .

superstition, yes.
hokus pokus, yes.
irrelevant, no. It shows that you can almost always proof a theorem once you believe in it.

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006
Actually I believe the Mayan calendary-related theories about 2012 are not so hokus pokus like that, there are some pretty decent scientific explanations about why this would be an important year (not the oh-so-scary-end-of-the-world, but rather some ideas about the inversion of magnetic fields, and so on...).

As for McKenna's novelty theory, it's pretty abstract and it makes me feel sick in my mind just trying to conceive it lol

EDIT: Google novelty theory, I can't recall it perfectly :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What about organising an "End of the world" party on that day and bringing cameras and filming it live ??? I`ll be the one with the crash helmet , nappy , fire proof suit and oxygen tank on , with the for leaved clover , the horse shoe , the magic amulet and a cross around my neck digging a hole to hide in.............just in case .

"there are some pretty decent scientific explanations about why this would be an important year (not the oh-so-scary-end-of-the-world, but rather some ideas about the inversion of magnetic fields, and so on...). "

Where ?.........Please .

http://www.randi.org/

cosmicdeep

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Oct 2007
8) hi, anybody watched/read anything about 2012 that Michael Tsarion explained through astrology? You should check it out (google video,...).If there is anybody familiar with his work, i would like to hear youre opinion about it.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
I didnt even know McKenna had some theory about it too. I did some research myself on some sites but didnt saw that one yet (or well i think i did but i forgot it -.-)

Yes, what i found where some pretty scientific things too.
For one, the NASA site warns for extreme sun activity in 2012.
Another thing is that many (or all) planets will be on one line in 2012, this could cause some serieus gravity problems if you ask me.

Another thing is that not just the Maya's predicted this, so did MANY other cultures, like for example the egyptians and some passages in the bible too..
And more cultures but i can't recall them atm..
Sumalians (or something) too, which are the eldest culture known to us. There's a whole alien theory about this too, the planet niburu ( which moves around the sun like pluto does) will come to us again and an alien race will come to the earth again or something like that.

There are many possibilities, as is the possibility that nothing at all happens...

we'll see ^^

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
exactly what you say thadivine. Plus, due to (gravity) change in our solarsystem the earth will become unbalaced and roll a few angles to it's side. That's what's said at least. I doubt something like that will pass by unnoticed.