Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist

Space-is-the-Place

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Poor Mayans, being overflooded with st00pid questions

MEXICO CITY – Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

full article @ yahoo news

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
"Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas."

^I guess this should shake and wake up the 2012 "dreamers", and face them with reality. Instead of their fantasy world.

Poor lasyness... We rather walk around with that Bullshit and Irresponsible ideias in our minds, rather than do something to improve the way we live, just to for the excuse of all the bad things we do during our lives, without even being aware of them.

Many even live out of this Hipocritical, self pity and pseudo-intelectual "ideas".

I bet that there will be more suicides on the new years eve (2012 to 2013) than the whole year of 2012.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
It's supposedly the end of the world as we know it :) it's supposedly something very positive.. also if I am correct they've announced the date of dec 21 2012 is not definate at all, more like the middle of the (small) period in which this change will supposedly occur. So it could occur earlier or as late as if I am correct 5 years after.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Bastiaan a dit:
It's supposedly the end of the world as we know it :) it's supposedly something very positive.. also if I am correct they've announced the date of dec 21 2012 is not definate at all, more like the middle of the (small) period in which this change will supposedly occur. So it could occur earlier or as late as if I am correct 5 years after.
Do you realise how ignorant that sounds?

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
silv a dit:
Bastiaan a dit:
Do you realise how ignorant that sounds?
That does sound ignorant.
But i completely agree.

G

Invité
I guess he meant that such a "prediction" is absolutely pointless, as it doesn't predict anything at all.

I can also predict that something important will happen in 2012. Just like any other years.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
facepalm :roll:

rohilacorn

Banni
Inscrit
12 Oct 2009
we can daily watch the practical examples that 2012 outcome become very tressure but after that i am not worry about it , what will be happens in 2012, because of this feeling why we are cruppting our present life, i am also very excited to see the end of the earth closely but i am not wory.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it's still possible that at that date there will be some sort of doomsday, if only humanity would be dumb enough, and that has been proven many times already. however we must not lose hope and change what we as puny humans ourselves can and want to change. nowadays lots and lots of changes happen in very short times. a poleshift is expected but i don't think it's very likely it will happen exactly in the 2012 year and that it will bring destruction in the scale many doomsday-scientists want to be expecting. the biggest menace to humanity is in my eyes humanity itself.

peace

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Prophecies are pointless as they either change the course of the future or they don't... In both cases the prophecy would be completely unnecessary. (btw what the mayans say is not a prophecy, because they merely say that a cycle on their calendar comes to an end on that date, but they mention nothing about what might happen)

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Could someone post a link to the 9 part youtube film about this thing or the topic in which this is posted if he/she remembers/knows what I'm talking about? I can't seem to locate it.

Futhermore, I agree on the point that the last thing we can use is for humanity sitting on it's ass waiting for some prophecy to unfold rather then doing something.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Do a search for melchizedek

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
As if that guy is even remotely connected to that culture.

Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists.

Mayan elder? Hardly. This is like asking the preacher of the church around the corner, about the colour of Jesus sandals. Priests that live now are so far removed from the origination of the story, they are not trustworthy at all to anwer questions about it.

The Mayan culture was destroyed, just as many other cultures.

And I don't believe a Mayan elder, for the simple reason that it is a meaningless title and he probably only keeps it to feel important and being able to make a buck or two.

It's a fact that a Mayan calendar has en enddate in 2012. What that means, nobody can say for sure. Maybe it's just a matter of resetting the thing and start with zero. Maybe it's wat Terence intuitively felt and it's some kind of reference to the rate at which history manifests itself. Who knows? Both the Mayan's and Terence didn't have a definite answer. Nobody has. But Mayan's are extinct and everybody calling him/herself Maya, should be suspect, highly.

Just my two cents.

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
HeartCore a dit:
It's a fact that a Mayan calendar has en enddate in 2012. What that means, nobody can say for sure. Maybe it's just a matter of resetting the thing and start with zero.
Its the ancient Mayan equivalent of the Y2K bug. When the calendar runs out of days it will be BAD - just like Y2K was only worse because its not just our computers but cosmological computers that were badly programmed and can't cope with a roll over.

Run for the hills! Sky is falling! Here come the zombies!