Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

2012 do u believe the mayans???

mindsiyk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Oct 2008
So i have asked many people their opinions about the whole 2012 end of the world thing, and so far they have been to ignorant to even consider what the MAYANS, NOSTRADAMUS, and CHUCK MISLER have predicted/said.
not sure if many people know much about it it, but supossably the earth, moon, and sun are supposed to align and cause a wobble in the earth that will consequently 'to put it nicely' destroy us all lol.

from my personal experience.. i have watched the world ever since i was born. and every year, everything gets worse in worse in some way. and i just cant rub off the fact that the MAYAN'S and NOSTRADAMUS previous predictions have been quite accurate. what makes this one any different?

so my opinion? i think the world will end. maybe not on that day, but it will be the beginning of the end.
failing that.. the world will encounter some serious problems!

whats your take on this?

their are some videos below if u are interested..
they go into a deeppppppeeerrr depth of what i said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCk4VMTG ... re=related

G

Invité
Have you already tried to engrave a calendar into stone? Can't blame the mayans for stopping in 2012 because their hands were way too sore.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
That's funny, every year since my birth has been better and better...

Which predictions were accurate? And which were interpreted to be accurate?

I thought Nostradamus predicted events well into the 25th century?

sunshroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
mindsiyk a dit:
... but supossably the earth, moon, and sun are supposed to align and cause a wobble in the earth that will consequently 'to put it nicely' destroy us all lol.
That surely haven't happened before. :roll:

I have even seen theories that all the planets in solar system will align. Check out this site if you want to know where certain planet is in certain time. 23. April 2002 were rather nice. http://www.astropix.com/HTML/SHOWCASE/PLANETS.HTM

And Nostradamus didn't he have prediction that expected world to end year 2000 too. Really, when it comes to this guy it's all matter of interpretation, hell if I try enough I could read out Armageddon from Mickey Mouse comics.

G

Invité
sunshroom a dit:
mindsiyk a dit:
I have even seen theories that all the planets in solar system will align. Check out this site if you want to know where certain planet is in certain time. 23. April 2002 were rather nice.

Still, I wouldn't have minded seeing Cthulhu at this date to have a drink or two with him .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^These people should take a lesson from Lovecraft, now HE knew how to tell an apocalyptic tale and make it stylin'

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
The Earth is already experiencing a wobble. It's called precession. It has a period of about 26,000 years. I really don't think the world is going to 'end'. I think this is western societies total misinterpretation of what the mayans meant. There calender ends, but this does not mean the end. To me this is the end of calender time, but not the end of the universal evolution.

peace, love, light & unity!!

G

Invité
Yeah, all we got from this lousy mayan calendar is a 200 millions $ blockbuster, it's a shame, really.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
I'm getting quite tired of the whole 2012 misinterpretation thing.
The Mayans did not say the world would end in 2012, they did say that there would be great changes.
And that is totally true!! (see economy, even the FED is getting a public audit :shock:, article on galactic changes @ bottom of my post)
Economy, governing of state and the way we handle Mother Earth has to change, otherwise it will be the end of human civilisation.
Not to worry about the Earth though, she'll probably be fine.
Definitely when/if we get exstinct, then she'll be blooming full on within 50 years.

The Mayans also they did not say it(this change) would happen on the 21st of december in 2012, but within a timeframe.
I don't get where all this shit about the Mayans come from (yeah from western sources ofcourse)
A new(old) temple has been found in Guatemala (I believe), with predictions on it about the invading spanish/european nazi's, which predates the invading by a thousand years (searching for the article).
I personally (IMHO!!!) think a lot of "primitive" societies in history were a lot more advanced then we are now.
But maybe we're getting there, slowly, gradually, but faster and faster.

There's still a lof of fearmongering going on and has been for a long long long time.
For instance and the bible suggests the word apocalypse means the end of the world,
but actually it means something like:"the lifting of the veil" or "revelation"

I'd say: live up to your consciousness and be the best you can be!
The world isn't going to end, it's just going through a lot of change (always has and probably always will)
We as a species are going through a lot of change.
Just smile and hold tight, we're on a heck of a ride :)
It's an important time for human consciousness.

One of the best articles I've read on the subject:Carl Johan Calleman: The Movie '2012'

Interesting article on galactic changes: Our Evolving Solar System

There's also a documentary coming out, innitiated from the Mayan people:Shift of the Ages
Definitely check out the trailer (in the bottom) and a few of the messages from Mayan Grandfather Cirilo Perez Oxlaj (Wandering Wolf)

So to answer your questions: Yes i believe the Mayans, but no i do NOT believe all the bullshit that is spread in the name of the Mayans

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
I don't believe the Mayans, especialy 'cause there arn't any around to explain to the western scientists what they REALLY meant.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Tiax a dit:
Have you already tried to engrave a calendar into stone? Can't blame the mayans for stopping in 2012 because their hands were way too sore.

Lol! :p

No, i don't believe in such prophecy, i dunno what it actually stands for, maybe it's just the dawn of a new era, but when you look at the other things the Maya's believed in, i see no reason to take them serious (on this) what so ever, they sacrificed man, woman and childs, pierced their dicks with stings, wore human skin jackets, cut out hearts, dug out deep huge tunnels for ritual sacrifices, etc etc etc, all to "please" their self invented Gods, why on earth do people take this so serious, i guess people just WANT to believe in doom senarios so desperatly they believe about anything.

The end of the world is predicted so many times before you know, there are so many prophecies already that one of them must at least be right, keep guessing, one day you'l hit the nail, i'm not paying any attention to it though.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
mrvn a dit:
I don't believe the Mayans, especialy 'cause there arn't any around to explain to the western scientists what they REALLY meant.
We (as western world) are still finding cities that were, untill now, not known to the western world.
But the Spanjards managed to find every city and kill all Mayans?
Remember history is being written by the ones who win the battles, but that doesn't necisarilly mean it's true what is written.

DaZeD a dit:
when you look at the other things the Maya's believed in, i see no reason to take them serious (on this) what so ever, they sacrificed man, woman and childs, pierced their dicks with stings, wore human skin jackets, cut out hearts, dug out deep huge tunnels for ritual sacrifices, etc etc etc, all to "please" their self invented Gods, why on earth do people take this so serious
This is just western ignorance and unknowingness what the Maya really were about.
The more I found out about "primitive societies" the less primitive they seem and the more primitive we seem.
And it is really sad that the west still has all these lies about other civilisations written in history.
The history books here are as useless as the bible (which was also misinterpreted, rewritten and fraudiously reworked)
but still a lot of people believe in them.

I just hope the west will pull it's head out of it's ass for once and recognise the respect for and unity with the Earth of civilisations that have been marked by western egotism and ignorance.

"What we want is this: for everyone to understand that we are not human sacrificers.
These are ideas that people have gathered from books, defaming the Mayan people, but this isn't the truth.
"

[youtube]wSbNAvzIhDY[/youtube]

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
I'm sorry, i respect you and all, but come on, you can't claim that the Maya's didn't actually sacrificed human beings and did ritual killings un underground tunnels for their lord Ah Puch?

Those are proven facts, they found many evidence that proves this, those sacrifices actually happened, same with the Egyptians, they also sacrificed for their self invented Gods, they where smart people, but they kinda missed the ball there, you gotta adimit that right? :twisted:
Not that i'm not in love with Egyptian mysticism and symbology, it holds certain romance and speaks to the imagination.

I just said that i don't believe it (that calendar) predicts the end of the world, and that it might have someting to do about the coming of a new era, so i didn't quite misinterpretate the Maya's there, i just don't know what it is, but appocalypse prophecies is something i refuse to believe in.There's no need to get upset man, maybe i was a little harsh on the Maya's, my appologies, i'm always open to learn something new, and broaden my view you know.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Well, no need to apologise for my frustrations about the western view on the Mayan culture and calender.
But I believe in these people are not human sacrificers.
And I also believe we don't know half about these sacrifices that were made.
The Church has murdered FAR more people, but that doesn't mean all believers are assholes.
The nazi's murdered a lot of people (although not as much as the church) but that doesn't mean everything that Germans say is untrue.
Just like you said, the Egyptians also have some skeletons in their closet, but they had a very advanced understanding of things (beyond what we know of them)
In fact, every civilisation has skeletons in their closet, but that doesn't mean they don't have any wisdom.

Not believing everything you read is a good thing and definitely with these end-of-the-world-predictions.
I'm just saying there's a lot more to the Mayan "prophecy" (which isn't a prophecy to begin with) and I get the idea that most of the people that are talking about "THE Mayan prophecy" actually know anything about it or just read the pile of bs that is constantly thrown out into the world by mainstream media and science/archeologists, while i personally (!) have come to the conclusion that we know jack shit about the Mayans and their calender.

I just think saying they were primitive people because archeologists found clues that point towards sacrifices and that they did that to please their self invented Gods is way too short-sighted.
As I can't claim they didn't, at some point, sacrifice people, you can't claim that it was the essence of the Mayan civilisation that dictated that and that it was to please their self-invented Gods.
Be careful with the label "proven facts", it's a mistake archeologists and scientists make too often.

I apologise for making it seem that i was upset, but it's just that i'm very passionate about this subject :roll:

I can't say i know the truth and neither can anybody else :mrgreen:
(...but it's good to keep digging and searching)

and just to mock myself a bit...

That's just ignorant, noooooo, no that's just ignorant!

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You should go on NASA, they debunk every myth about 2012 there (and also the horrible movie's plot).

The mayans calander ends there, because wtf - your calendar ends every year, does that scare the shit out of you every december 31st? no. Is it normal to carry around a 2000 year long calendar with you? no. Every calendar has to end unless you have it in a mathematical formula - which the mayans didn't, they had a calendar.

Second, the earth moon and sun lineing up?! Omg a solar eclipse?! A lunar eclipse?! Never heard of those!

What else is there? Oh we're supposed to pass through the axis of the galaxy... Scary - we'll actually be alot safer there - the axis has the most shit in the way from the center to shield us from radiation, etc. It's kind of like a cosmic sigh of relief to be getting this close, and technically we are so close to the axis NOW there will be NO difference in 2012, so negligble.

What else... neutrinos melting the core? laugh

Hmmm... The only thing I could see is the end of the U.S.'s presidency with Barack Obama will be happening then - but the january of 2012, not december.

It's a buncha bullshit - Y2K scare you? Are you afraid your phones are wire tapped? Do you have 40 gallons of purified water in your basement?

ZzZzZz

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
the thing i'm most worried about in 2012 is sarah palin taking a run at the presidency. that will be the end of the world.

my favorite quote from her new book: "If god did not want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?" :lol:

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
:lol: at the last two posts. Very good.

The only reason I can think of for the Mayans ritual sacrifice and respect for suicides (other than actual devout belief in their deities) is to cull their population. Something we should have started a long ways back :twisted:

I also don't believe the hype. But am really glad to see capitalists doing their thing, making movies and TV episodes aaaall about it.

What do y'all think of Terry's Timewave Zero theory???

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thank you Space! I am too sick and tired of people saying the world is going to end. I look at them cross eyes and say where did you get that from? They say the Mayans predicted it, and then again I look at the cross eyed. Can't help but just laugh and continue your life.

peace, love, light & unity!!

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^me too, normally i don't really give two hoots what people believe, 2012 a step towards enlightenment, that's cool, prophecy or not, it's something positive to work towards. but i don't see the value in joining yet another doomsday cult and believing in the end of the world. (and yes, been there, done that :lol: ). of what use is programming yourself with such an extremely negative belief system? a temporary, fleeting sense of self-empowerment? how does it help yourself or others?

anyone see the article from the nasa astronomer written last week? he was getting emails from anxious people wondering if they should like get their pets put to sleep or commit suicide so they could avoid suffering when the world ends in 2012. even in my former.. ahem.. cult... at one point when people were sure the world was going to end, some of them were selling all their possessions, some of them were racking up huge credit card debts.. etc. that's just.. over the top. human stupidity really knows no bounds

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Well, no need to apologise for my frustrations about the western view on the Mayan culture and calender.
But I believe in these people are not human sacrificers.
And I also believe we don't know half about these sacrifices that were made.
The Church has murdered FAR more people, but that doesn't mean all believers are assholes.
The nazi's murdered a lot of people (although not as much as the church) but that doesn't mean everything that Germans say is untrue.
Just like you said, the Egyptians also have some skeletons in their closet, but they had a very advanced understanding of things (beyond what we know of them)
In fact, every civilisation has skeletons in their closet, but that doesn't mean they don't have any wisdom.

Not believing everything you read is a good thing and definitely with these end-of-the-world-predictions.
I'm just saying there's a lot more to the Mayan "prophecy" (which isn't a prophecy to begin with) and I get the idea that most of the people that are talking about "THE Mayan prophecy" actually know anything about it or just read the pile of bs that is constantly thrown out into the world by mainstream media and science/archeologists, while i personally (!) have come to the conclusion that we know jack shit about the Mayans and their calender.

I just think saying they were primitive people because archeologists found clues that point towards sacrifices and that they did that to please their self invented Gods is way too short-sighted.
As I can't claim they didn't, at some point, sacrifice people, you can't claim that it was the essence of the Mayan civilisation that dictated that and that it was to please their self-invented Gods.
Be careful with the label "proven facts", it's a mistake archeologists and scientists make too often.

I apologise for making it seem that i was upset, but it's just that i'm very passionate about this subject :roll:

I can't say i know the truth and neither can anybody else :mrgreen:
(...but it's good to keep digging and searching)

and just to mock myself a bit...

That's just ignorant, noooooo, no that's just ignorant!

Why are you so confident about your statements, i agree that what science and archeology came up with is nothing more then speculation and theories, as this counts for most history actually, i didn't cay that they are savages, don't get me wrong, i didn't use the term primitives either, they built whole cities, i wouldn't call them primtive, but why can't you believe that they sacrificed people?

They found many mutilated bodies all over their many tunnel systems, it's assumed that people, man, woman and children where sacrificed there, ofcoarse, i don't know if this is actually true or not, that's just what i'm being fed by history books, and with all non fixion books it's wise to be sceptic about them, especially reilgious books ofcoarse, but if you look at their believe system it's acceptable to believe they actually participated in ritual sacrifice, they, the high priests -so is being stated by historians- even mutilated themselves, they sacrificed their own blood, that's all being stated in books, as the result of research, but you seem to disagree, i respect that, and i'm intrested why you think so differently about these issues.

Could you eleborate some more about why you believe that these statements are false, i'm open for a lot of theories, since theories is all we have here.