Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

14 Precepts - Words by The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Note to self:

14 Precepts - Words by The Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh

Do not be idolatrous about or bound to any doctrine, theory, or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means; they are not absolute truth.

Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth. Avoid being narrow-minded and bound to present views. Learn and practice non-attachment from views in order to be open to receive others’ viewpoints. Truth is found in life and not merely in conceptual knowledge. Be ready to learn throughout our entire life and to observe reality in yourself and in the world at all times.

Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education. However, through compassionate dialogue, help others renounce fanaticism and narrowness.

Do not avoid contact with suffering or close your eyes before suffering. Do not lose awareness of the existence of suffering in the life of the world. find ways to be with those who are suffering by all means, including personal contact and visits, images, sound. By such means, awaken yourself and others to the reality of suffering in the world.

Do not accumulate wealth while millions are hungry. Do not take as the aim of you life fame, profit, wealth, or sensual pleasure. Live simply and share time, energy, and material resources with those who are in need.

Do not maintain anger or hatred. As soon as anger and hatred arise, practice the meditation on compassion in order to deeply understand the persons who have caused anger and hatred. Learn to look at other beings with the eyes of compassion.

Do not lose yourself in dispersion and in your surroundings. Learn to practice breathing in order to regain composure of body and mind, to practice mindfulness, and to develop concentration and understanding.

Do not utter words that can create discord and cause the community to break. Make every effort to reconcile and resolve all conflicts, however small.

Do not say untruthful things for the sake of personal interest of to impress people. Do not utter words that cause diversion and hatred. Do not spread news that you do not know to be certain. Do not criticize or condemn things you are not sure of. Always speak truthfully and constructively. Have the courage to speak out about situations of injustice, even when doing so may threaten your own safety.

Do not use the Buddhist community for personal gain or profit, or transform your community into a political party. A religious community should, however, take a clear stand against oppression and injustice, and should strive to change the situation without engaging in partisan conflicts.

Do not live with a vocation that is harmful to humans and nature. Do not invest in companies that deprive others of their chance to life. Select a vocation which helps realize your ideal compassion.

Do not kill. Do not let others kill. Find whatever means possible to protect life and to prevent war.

Possess nothing that should belong to others. Respect the property of others but prevent others from enriching themselves from human suffering or the suffering of other beings.

Do not mistreat your body. Learn to handle it with respect. Do not look on your body as only an instrument. Preserve vital energies (sexual, breath, spirit) for the realization of the Way. Sexual expression should not happen without love and commitment. In sexual relationships be aware of future suffering that may be caused. To preserve the happiness of others, respect the rights and commitments of others.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
"True Words" :thumbsup:

I can deeply connect to those thoughts.
Somehow the use of psychedelics presents those kind of values and norms to you in a feeling.
So thank you for putting them on paper :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Note to self:

Print and stick to fridge.

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
everything is meaningless.

entire civilizations die in war thinking that their causes mean something, while far off in the reaches of space entire galaxies and stars are being destroyed.

the universe doesn't care. our lives don't matter, nor our philosophies. in the grand scheme of things everything is just void.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Do not maintain anger or hatred. As soon as anger and hatred arise, practice the meditation on compassion in order to deeply understand the persons who have caused anger and hatred. Learn to look at other beings with the eyes of compassion.

I think that is the one I have to be working on mostly.

Do not avoid contact with suffering or close your eyes before suffering. Do not lose awareness of the existence of suffering in the life of the world. find ways to be with those who are suffering by all means, including personal contact and visits, images, sound. By such means, awaken yourself and others to the reality of suffering in the world.

Well, that one, too...

Do not accumulate wealth while millions are hungry. Do not take as the aim of you life fame, profit, wealth, or sensual pleasure. Live simply and share time, energy, and material resources with those who are in need.

Well, I am currently not in a state to accumulate wealth, but I think I have to remind myself of that really hard as soon as I am in a state to accumumalate wealth...

Do not lose yourself in dispersion and in your surroundings. Learn to practice breathing in order to regain composure of body and mind, to practice mindfulness, and to develop concentration and understanding.

I'm about doing that, but I'm not really content at what I'm achieving...

However, apart from that, I am pretty sure I am respecting all of the statements written above. I think I should really convert to Buddhism... I have been thinking about it for a while - maybe I will give myself a go sometime...

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Thanks Thich Nhat Hanh :)

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
Oh I found that koans yesterday and read them all :)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
I might be wrong, but I think I spotted 8 christian commandments.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
what?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
oh