Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

?1 paradox?Why 0.999... is not equal to 1?

• Auteur de la discussion kemmon
  • Date de début
K

kemmon

Invité
The current mathematic theory tells us, 1>0.9, 1>0.99, 1>0.999, ..., but at last it says 1=0.999..., a negation of itself. So it is totally a paradox, name it as ?1 paradox?. You see this is a mathematic problem at first, actually it is a philosophic problem. Then we can resolve it. Because math is a incomplete theory, only philosophy could be a complete one. The answer is that 0.999... is not equal to 1. Because of these reasons:

1. The infinite world and finite world.

We live in one world but made up of two parts: the infinite part and the finite part. But we develop our mathematic system based on the finite part, because we never entered into the infinite part. Your attention, God is in it.

0.999... is a number in the infinite world, but 1 is a number in the finite world. For example, 1 represents an apple. But then 0.999...? We don't know. That is to say, we can't use a number in the infinite world to plus a number in the finite world. For example, an apple plus an apple, we say it is 1+1=2, we get two apples, but if it is an apple plus a banana, we only can say we get two fruits. The key problem is we don't know what is 0.999..., we can get nothing. So we can't say 9+0.999...=9.999... or 1, etc.

We can use "infinite world" and "finite world" to resolve some of zeno's paradox, too.

2. lim0.999...=1, not 0.999...=1.

3.The indeterminate principle.

Because of the indeterminate principle, 1/9 is not equal to 0.111....

For example, cut an apple into nine equal parts, then every part of it is 1/9. But if you use different measure tools to measure the volume of every part, it is indeterminate. That is to say, you may find the volume could not exactly be 0.111..., but it would be 0.123, 0.1142, or 0.11425, etc.

Now we end a biggest mathematical crisis. But most important is this standpoint tells us, our world is only a sample from a sample space. When you realized this, and that the current probability theory is wrong, when you find the Meta-sample-space, you would be able to create a real AI-system. It will indicate that there must be one God-system in the system, which is the controller. Look our world, there must be one God, as for us, only some robots. Maybe we are in a God's game, WHO KNOWS?

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
i know why 0.999 isnt equal to 1
its missing 0.001

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Just because your calculator rounds it to 1 doesn't mean it is 1.

.999repeating is exaclty that.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i dunno lol... sounds relatively retarded to me, really...i mean it's obvious lol... besides i am sure god is beyond duality so i know it's futile to say god is either here or there...
you want to say something about metaphysics, but what are you really saying?? maybe that we can't see reality as it really is.
and i would agree on "that".
maybe some people are more robots and some less. if you don't want to be AI, all you have to do is to think naturally and not artificially. that's logical, right? :D
basically we are light beings and the robot thing came with the exagerated focus on materialism and the one-sidedness
in perspectives and the consequent closed-mindedness/mental imprisonment.

and why do you say we can't say what is 0.999... it's just a decimal number and all rational numbers can also be displayed as fraction numbers.
your logic seems a bit flawed, because if you compare 1+1 to apples why can't for example 0.999.. be "almost a whole apple"???
LOL

1/9 is definately equal to 0.111period ... period. the value is the same really...

do you wanna dumb us down? hahahahhahahahahahahahahah ....if yeah nice try... if not... maybe try to think a little bit deeper.
:wink:
but maybe i also missunderstood what you really mean or so... so if that's the case you need to explain better. :)

ONLY GOD KNOWS. 8) 8) 8)

p.s. edit: i think i emotionally projected some shit or on you so sorry for that... and i read up again on zeno's paradox...
as i understood it, it's about the illusion of change. i think the concept of two different worlds... a infinite world and
a finite world is an allusion to comparisons between god and man...
hmm i dunno lol... i find it interesting in that context, that for example the speed of light is supposedly limited to 300000 km/s
while in contrast to that the speed of thought is "at least potentially" not limited at all.
as i see it, for example the arrow paradox of zeno is just another philosophic mind game kind of thing and allusion to how
it's all a matter of perspective.

peace