Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
funny indeed, these questions were the theme of my yesterday's weed journey.

I concluded that all these neurons that are activated and that are buzzing around signals are a mere code for the consciousness, the "I" to communicate with this world. Our senses are the only imput we have from this world and what we take up with the senses is reflected in the brain. Our brain is but a mirror of what happens outside. The consciousness is outside the brain and reads what the brain processes and builds itself, it evolves.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
first of all ive found this internal dialogue to be so much quieter since i started meditating which leads me to believe the first theory more

1) the communication between the left and right side of your brain

2) your corporeal and your ethereal self competing on two different levels of being

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
the normal state of the human mind is one of unceasing internal conversation.

descisions are made after internal consultation, this being most noticable where importaint descisions are made, or where where there is internal conflict, eg quitting smoking or convincing yourself air travel is safer than driving, bungee jumpin is fun, whatever.

who is having this conversation? who gets to make the descisions?

is your personality a melange of disparate sub-personalities?

are you a committee?

im not asking about seemingly external voices, interesting though they are.

what do you perscieve is going on?

http://www.minerva.unito.it/BuddhismoSc ... hakala.jpg

This is EXTREMELY weird. I was actually going to post this EXACT topic last night, but fell asleep...

I was going to ask: Who do you refer to yourself as, do you decide and collaborate with yourself... etc. Man this is just weird for me, but:

My inner dialogue is always "us", "we" I was answering who is "us" and "we" last night and I came to the conclusion it is my concious mind, and my physical body, not seperate sub-personalities. Althought I know I have them.

It brings the question, so what is multi-personality disorder? Well I'm not afraid to say I do have a "wait till you're thinking straight" back up - there are times when I feel different... but Actually now that I think about it, I only have 1 personality, which jusgt responds differently with different chemicals, i.e. low on serotonin I'm going to be irratable, low on dopamine, I'm going to be "Out of it" etc...

I remember asking my mother one day, "Why do I refer to myself as us, and is it normal that I run through conversations in my head?"

She assured me I was OK.

I do however remember having a personality when I was little, that I teapped into last night for the first time in a year. (it's slowly going away)

I would sit. Listen to music, or picture something in my head, and my eyes would start to water, my face would become prickley and I would start breathing heavy.

The music was usually of songs I've never heard before, or pictures I seemed to think were "from the future" or "from the distant past".

I would sometimes see some in art shows that would make me entranced, I would stop, and get lost in a photograph, when I come out of this state of mind all I want to do is run, fight, use all of my energy.

I guess I had alot to say since I was contemplating this exact thing all night last night. But yes I am a "we" I often, when nervous, count to 3 in my head 3 times before I do something. I try to put myself in someone else's mind set when dooing something I know I will have trouble with.

And by physical body, I mean my nerves and body, mind I mean brain. I don't believe (yet) that the mind is seperate from the brain.

What about you mr.smith

Edit: I saw restin was thinking the same thing.... is this coincidence?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
this committee is not composed of subs, they are all equals. if you start watching them patiently you see they are infinite and you can't control the process consciously. it's like a flow you can tap into or be less aware of --but it's always there flowing. i think if this flow were to be stopped we would simply die and that's why we dream, to keep it going and entertained while the brain does the maintenance.

i think each voice comes from a patch of neurons lightning up, this happens in distinct areas of the brain hence different voices. the I that listens is the gestalt that emerges from the activity of the whole brain.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
"this happens in distinct areas of the brain hence different voices."

all the internal dialogue i experience is of the same 'voice' per-say
the same voice i speak with..
anyone else like this?

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
???????? a dit:
this committee is not composed of subs, they are all equals. if you start watching them patiently you see they are infinite and you can't control the process consciously.

My experience is much like yours. I used to think there were many different versions of me.. but that changed with psychedelics... I've often experienced my internal thoughts clearly separated into many, many layers of simultaneously occurring processes. A loose analogy might be like many program threads running at the same time in some massive internal operating system. (Perhaps this is because there are many different processes occurring in the brain, some we are aware of, most we are not, constantly affecting us.. Much of anything you've thought about before is stored there somewhere, still active in that it can change the way you see the world.. things that you used to think about might have become subconscious habits, beliefs and reality filters, etc)

So somewhere there is an "I" who is experiencing and interpreting these streams of thought, what they are doing, how they are affecting "me".. Hence who I am is prone to constant change depending on my mood, perspective and my general awareness of my thought processes.. This is just my metaphorical, unscientific model based on what I've experienced.. but I have found it quite useful.. even if it applies to a small part of the whole of what is consciousness

I recently have realized that I did actually create another sort of personality in my head once. I used to believe in an anthropomorphic god with a personality, I would talk and pray to god, feel god, fear god, think god was watching me and think about what god thought of things pretty much constantly. All I was doing the whole time was talking to myself, feeling myself, fearing myself, watching myself, inventing a personality that "felt" certain ways about certain things... meanwhile constantly assuming it was someone external. So in that sense, I think I had created another personality inside me..

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I don´t make decisions, decisions make me.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
LsDxMdma a dit:
"this happens in distinct areas of the brain hence different voices."

all the internal dialogue i experience is of the same 'voice' per-say
the same voice i speak with..
anyone else like this?

I usually think in the same voice. I can't remember thinking in any other voice.
Of course it has different moods to it. It fits the mood I am in. But it's always the same voice.

I could think in a woman voice if I want, I am trying it right now.
It's just the same voice sounding as a woman. :lol:
I ask my girlfriend to try and think in a man's voice. She couldn't do it she says.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
the normal state of the human mind is one of unceasing internal conversation.

descisions are made after internal consultation, this being most noticable where importaint descisions are made, or where where there is internal conflict, eg quitting smoking or convincing yourself air travel is safer than driving, bungee jumpin is fun, whatever.

who is having this conversation? who gets to make the descisions?

is your personality a melange of disparate sub-personalities?

are you a committee?

im not asking about seemingly external voices, interesting though they are.

what do you perscieve is going on?

http://www.minerva.unito.it/BuddhismoSc ... hakala.jpg

One would have to delve deeper into theologies and ideologies from psychology to come to a conclusion which applies to the general psychonaut.

We all know the human mind has been immensely studied since the first philosophers wrote their scroll, and likely before. We still do not understand why a human thinks, or how he/she thinks.

This opens up a plethora of debates though. From 'What is thought' to the 'Conscience and Subconscious' and in-between.

I believe human thought and decision making is provoked by underlying fear and the quickest and most effective way to stray from it; we are free-roaming creatures, us humans. Depending on the person, and their persona tied in with the milieu they choose to set themselves in-- it is the general conscience mind which deals with conversation, thought and decision-making; however-- we are indeed a clash of personalities.

I believe these 'sub-personalities', as you stated, or 'sub-persona's' revolve around, and within one general personality.

Again, your question opens up so many doors to debatable psychological theorems, so I'm not sure which topic to cover first, haha.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I'm not 100% sure but i think freud did some work into this? possibly carl jung

I think with one voice, although really it isnt a voice because its not actually audible, i think its thoughts that we process as sounds because that is the most useful way of interpreting it, sight may be distracting and the other senses inaccurate at describing the thoughts because of their limited interpretation of details.

i dont see it as two different personalities i see it more as talking to ones self. once you start arguing you may be in trouble lol

Ijesuschrist says we and us, but in my head i say 'you' like "what are you going to do?" etc.
so its like I'm talking to someone but that someone is me

i also agree that this is an incredibly important process and it may even be the way we observe our own consciousness

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it's an interesting topic!!.. i think there's really a lot going on in our heads, of some we might be aware, of some not.... but what part are you takin in that?? i think you might be something like the light that brings the unconscious and subconscious dialogues of information into focus and directs the flow of informations and emotions. maybe without a committee in our heads and what is behind it, we would just be machines, but maybe we are just machines like that, too, yet thinking machines, or not...
well then of course the type of you or somethin like that could make an extreme difference, as you would be the one who's takin influence.

i dunno, this stuff about consciousness is confusing to me, because what it really is supposed to be often remains a bit shady after some discussing. i think it is what we really are: consciousness... however i don't really understand how it is really bound to unconsciousness and whether unconsciousness is some kind of consciousness too..

peace

Mal-2

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Mai 2009
Crimzen a dit:

I think you're right, I know I've read bout it somewhere and I don't think it was Freud.

by the way, does anyone else think in conversations? specifically, I will imagine people I know having a conversation about something. I'm usually not present in this conversion, but they all talk like me.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Mal-2 a dit:
Crimzen a dit:

I think you're right, I know I've read bout it somewhere and I don't think it was Freud.

by the way, does anyone else think in conversations? specifically, I will imagine people I know having a conversation about something. I'm usually not present in this conversion, but they all talk like me.

I don't know.. I oftenrun through scenarios in my head (that will almost never happen) and what I would do if they did happen... (like a plane falling out of the sky)

My conversations always consist of me, talking to me, like I'm 2 people... Kind of like I stand on one side of the room, say something, run to the other side and respond. (thanks bugs bunny)_

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
Jung was fascinated by this stuff. not specific to this subject, his "The Undiscovered Self" is worth a read.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
"My conversations always consist of me, talking to me, like I'm 2 people... Kind of like I stand on one side of the room, say something, run to the other side and respond. (thanks bugs bunny)"

i think in this fashon too sometimes, but not always, depends on the thought, like if im trying to decide if i want to do something or just thinking about something..

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
I've began to see the body, always among other differentiated models, as the unconditional, compassion bridge between two seemingly disproportionately dependent realms: the non-totalizing sum of what is, the universe, it's felt presence felt; and what is not, the sum of all contingencys generated in every possible space-time, the soul, the galactic throat.

Both topologies are inhabited by very curious insects and tall evil monsters, beautiful beings all in possession of fully automatic dynamic psyches. Each speaking their own mind, infecting each other with their linguistic fluids.

One is left only with a tower, glasses, and incontrollable curiosity. :)

I find this model well...amusing.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Nomada a dit:
I've began to see the body, always among other differentiated models, as the unconditional, compassion bridge between two seemingly disproportionately dependent realms: the non-totalizing sum of what is, the universe, it's felt presence felt; and what is not, the sum of all contingencys generated in every possible space-time, the soul, the galactic throat.

Both topologies are inhabited by very curious insects and tall evil monsters, beautiful beings all in possession of fully automatic dynamic psyches. Each speaking their own mind, infecting each other with their linguistic fluids.

One is left only with a tower, glasses, and incontrollable curiosity. :)

I find this model well...amusing.

You're quite an interesting writer. I see your "tower" as a fleshy ape.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
I saw the tower guarding the gates, one to the left, the third mount. Violet.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
st.bot.32 a dit:
I had created another personality inside me

oh i had that too but it wasn't "god"; it was this sort of cartoon neuron/cell that lived inside my head in an office-like room behind my eyes that had a control panel with all sorts of buttons, levers and knobs that he could use to trigger several vital functions in my body, like he supervised digestion processes and things like that. he'd sometimes offer advice and stuff. his name was pinky.