Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Topics older then 150 days

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Sometimes you want to give a reaction in a topic, but then it isn't possible because the topic is older then 150 days.
I find it irritating, because i sometimes see an older interesting topic where i want to give my reaction.
Now you have to make a new second topic (so you have more then one topic about the same subject) before you can post.

Not very handy if you ask me :)
What you guys think?

G

Invité
i agree with you. when we cannot reply, similar topics begin to appear, and we have to search many topics until the information we need is found. i never understood this...what is the importance of not replying to old threads ? perhaps there is a reason we are not thinking of.

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
i agree with you. when we cannot reply, similar topics begin to appear, and we have to search many topics until the information we need is found. i never understood this...what is the importance of not replying to old threads ? perhaps there is a reason we are not thinking of.
well in other forums there are sometimes people who reply to 3 year old threads, which is kinda annoying, especially in threads where some guy asked something.
but I don't think that it will happen often here. so far, this is the most sophisticated forum I've been to :D

I think too that the rule should be removed.
I wanted to bump the irc thread, but I couldn't :(

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
I can't post in the spanish section because of this, ALL threads are older than 150 days...

I too don't see the benefit of killing those threads... perhaps the time span could be expanded??

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Yeah I'd say 400 days would be more reasonnable

G

Invité
i would say no time span at all! i continue not to see a point in this...

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
daytripper a dit:
i would say no time span at all! i continue not to see a point in this...

Same here.

If topics go very offtopic, and turn useless, then there is in my opinion a reason to close them (or just delete the offtopic posts).

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Before this topic becomes older then 150 days, i will dump it :p
What do the moderators / administrators think of my suggestion?

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
We used to have no time-limit, but this was very annoying because of old not-relevant topics getting kicked again after 2 years.

We could close topics by hand, but this would be a lot of work. The best way around it is to open a new topic and refer to an old topic if neccesary.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Dr. Leospace a dit:
The best way around it is to open a new topic and refer to an old topic if neccesary.

I find that more annoying than re-open older topics.
And then you get topics with the same subject.
But ok... if that is what you want... :p

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
HappyMind a dit:
And then you get topics with the same subject.

We have this already, haven't you seen the twenty topics about Zeitgeist/Music while tripping/First timer tips/etc.?

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
I'm aware of that.
Not very efficient if you ask me.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
But with an age limit this wouldn't be very different. Still people don't search for some basic question before opening a new topic.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Admins and moderators can control that and delete / merge topics and reply's if needed.
That's a way to get a more clean forum and to filter the rubbish.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I agree with HappyMind . It would be better to keep the topics open and merge topics if people start the same one over and over again . It gets rely anoying reding the same shit every few weeks . If the number of topics was kept down people would read them , maybe learn something and stop asking so many stupid questions .

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Normally a topic is only deleted if it's spam or commercial. Merging, moving and spliting isn't used so much, because it takes time and because it's confussing in my opinion.

And one remark: It is only not possible to post in a thread if it is not active for more then 150 days, so if there are no new posts. If a thread is active and people post to it at least once every 150 days, it can remain active forever...

And the last remark is not meant as a challenge :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"And the last remark is not meant as a challenge"

Shit !!! I was just about to do life saving posts in 346 threads !!!!

I understand that some threads on the same subject would be hard to unify..................... if they were noticed to late.......... If they were noticed right from the start or early enough it would be easy to ask the people who had posted to read the similar threads and rewrite their post and put them in the right thread . I can understand that the moderators have a lot to do ...........
But maybe they could do a little bit more to stop this shit with people opening threads about the same thing 3 times a week . = close old threads after 150 days , but do a little more to stop active thread repeats and heard the sheep into one fold........... Please .

G

Invité
Dr. Leospace a dit:
Normally a topic is only deleted if it's spam or commercial. Merging, moving and spliting isn't used so much, because it takes time and because it's confussing in my opinion.

I've done merging twice and I didn't have much problems with it.
And I do think it would be better to undo the 150 day unactiveness thing, it would be nice to continue an old discussion in the same topic.
I don't know if it's possible in the current way the forum is built...

I must agree with GOD that it is annoying to read the same stuff over and over again.
I know the forum isn't much moderated and doesn't necisarrily need to be, but I think it can be moderated a little bit more.
For example the music while tripping topics, I'd merge them into 1 topic in the lounge instead of 1 for synthetics, 1 for LSD, 1 for mushrooms etc...

I'd already would've merged them.
It's not like it's a dissaster, but some things would be better to have a more strict policy about.

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Dr. Leospace a dit:
And one remark: It is only not possible to post in a thread if it is not active for more then 150 days, so if there are no new posts. If a thread is active and people post to it at least once every 150 days, it can remain active forever...

I know, but we still have a lot of interesting topics where we can't post in.

And the last remark is not meant as a challenge :wink:

:twisted: