Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

New Forum

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think the forum is not as clear as it was. The icons that signify 'new posts' and 'no new posts' look too much alike, so that there is no quick overview. Also there's too much scrolling involved, as less topics fit on one page than we are used to.
The new features are great, though.

Sjors

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Yeah i noticed that icon thingy too, i shall try to fix it tomorrow :)

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
I have to admit that the new layout startled me a bit at first but I do like the look of it. Sure, there are some things that could be tweaked so it would suit my palate more, but then again same goes for almost everything. The overall feeling is positive and the new features have been done well. Especially the encyclopedia-section seemed rather convincing.

I hope that users take advantage of the possibilites of submitting their own experiences and pictures. I personally like reading trip reports and they can be of tremendous value to some. All in all, thanks to everyone responsible for the new site and let's keep the discussions going!

G

Invité
Viaticus a dit:
I hope that users take advantage of the possibilites of submitting their own experiences and pictures. I personally like reading trip reports and they can be of tremendous value to some.

Just sent a rather long trip report about Salvia yesterday (in french, sorry, really didn't had the time to do it in english at the moment, will take care of the english version within a month I hope).

I also agree on the fact that the new website looks rather cool, and when we'll get used to the new desing, I think everything will work perfectly.

The thing I like the most is the color set (and I can tell you that I'm not the only one, a few friends of mine who aren't in psychedelics were surprised, and pleased to see a bright and clean "underground" website).

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I also like the new colors. Well, we will miss the green and black for sure. They also added a little "psychonaut' alien in the header of the site... he's cool!!

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
sorry, but this forum sucks, it's not easy on my eyes and full of bugs. if i was you i'd pull the break and set up a proper one ... the domain name 'psychonaut.com' is awesome and you deserve more attention but everything here is cluttered with silly images of cocain and ... it's too much, no one ever needs that stuff. the layout, the colors, the bugs (resizing does not work sometimes); get rid of the pink and the turquoise colors (seriously, my eyes hurt) and do something about the forum ... that would be my 2 cents. with a little work psychonaut.com could be #1!

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
themoles a dit:
sorry, but this forum sucks, it's not easy on my eyes and full of bugs. if i was you i'd pull the break and set up a proper one ... the domain name 'psychonaut.com' is awesome and you deserve more attention but everything here is cluttered with silly images of cocain and ... it's too much, no one ever needs that stuff. the layout, the colors, the bugs (resizing does not work sometimes); get rid of the pink and the turquoise colors (seriously, my eyes hurt) and do something about the forum ... that would be my 2 cents. with a little work psychonaut.com could be #1!

Thanks for your reply themoles, sorry to hear you are not so happy with the new forum :cry:

About the colors: Yes the pink can be dangerous for your eyes, but we work on some new themes, so everyone can choose there own colors.

The cocaine pictures are to emphasize we had broaden our view to only herbal stuff - which was the main focus on the old forum - to the full range of psychoactives. This includes cocaine, although I personally think its psychonautic value is limited, still a lot of people use it and might want to read more information about it.

I could not reproduce the resizing bug on any PC. But if it possible please tell me which browser and OS you are using, and when exactly this bug occurs and we will look into it.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Ik vind het raar dat sommige subjects onderstreept zijn en andere niet. Zit hier een systeem in :?:

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I guess that has something to do with if you checked that thread since you last login. I you checked the thread the underline dissapears.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
That's very perceptive of you.... Hadn't noticed. I think that that could be more clear, though...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
But then again, when you reply to a topic, it's "new" again, so there the underline is again...

Sjors

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Yeah, its just something your browser does for you, it remembers which links you have visited, and which not. If you reply a post than the page isnt the same anymore and the underline appears again.. We're thinking about or getting rid of all the underlines or display always an underline, cause it seems it confuses more than it helps..

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
I like the new layout of the forum, but I have to say that the user interface of the "submit experience" page made me murderous.

Having to log in using Explorer, of all things, just to copy and paste text wasn't a happy experience, and the system halting the submission saying "500 characters is the limit for introductions", while not bothering to tell me how many chars I had used led to a nice "edit-submit-fail-edit" loop with me cutting out words and replacing others with shorter ones in order to maintain even remote coherency in the text while trying to obey the system's limit. Just wondering if the system would work better as a simple PHP form?

Does anybody else have surprise language changes in the layout? The topmost menus keep switching from English back to the default language without any visible reason.

Otherwise, a great community, this one. Hope it'll grow and prosper.