Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

"Mutual Respect"

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
What do you think about this rule on the site?

Mutual respect between all forum users. This means you won't ever start a discussion with someone else while making advantage of someone else's behavior, possible physical or mental handicaps, race or gender. Do not actively react to personal remarks by others and refrain from posting stuff solely to offend people.

How do we know if someone is breaking this specific rule? How can we prevent people from breaking this rule? Is this rule effective? Is it necessary?

Let's discuss.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Respect is not something you can demand or enforce. I respect certain forum members, and I think others are lame. What you can moderate is objectionable language, but when the forum rules were changed half a year ago, the rule against objectionable language was omitted. Instead we now have:

Mind your language
Check carefully for spelling and grammar. Do not use Caps Lock. Not too many strange signs (^@$%!), missing punctuations, unneccessary colors or big fonts, ununderstandable slang, etcetera...

Which is an utterly useless rule as far as I'm concerned.

Similarly it's quite meaningless, especially for this forum, to state that one should "never start a discussion with someone else while making advantage of someone else's behavior, possible physical or mental handicaps, race or gender".

And why should one "not actively react to personal remarks by others"?

I think we all agree that people should "refrain from posting stuff solely to offend people." But I think there are other types of flaming that are just as objectionable.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Forkbender a dit:
How do we know if someone is breaking this specific rule?

:D Both of us do interpret it in a different way. But for me, the topic "terrorist GOD" which Heartcore started, is clearly an example of breaking the rule.

Forkbender a dit:
How can we prevent people from breaking this rule?

I think we need more global moderators, who mainly focus on people breaking the rules on all the parts of the forum. The moderators can for example, directly post publicly if someone has broking the rule. If that won't help, a private message could be send. And if a person, even without these warnings won't stop there practice, then we should discuss other consequences.

Forkbender a dit:
Is this rule effective?

Right now, it is far from effective.

Forkbender a dit:
Is it necessary?
It's clear that there is some sort of rule needed to stop wasting threads with personal conflicts. Unless nobody cares, and enjoy the personal conflicts.... :roll:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It needs changeing . Whats mutual respect ? Who defines it ? An arse lick party ? No one can force me to respect them . I demand mutual respect from everyone , the respect that if i tell a piece of shit that hes a piece of shit no one moans about mutual respect .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Great idea GOD. But who defines piece of shit?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
@ CM:
all valid points. What other types of flaming do you have in mind?

@mysticwarrior:
Global moderators might be good, although I can't see why the moderators cannot do the job. I don't see a lot of personal conflicts here compared to other fora, I do see a lot of conflicting ideas. I like seeing ideas conflict, because it gives us the choice to change what we think and see things from another perspective. Heartcore's Terrorist GOD thread to me is just silly, and it says more about him than about GOD.

@GOD:
I think you cannot demand mutual respect, because how will you know if it is sincere? I know where you are coming from when you say the things people find offensive, so I know how to take it, but I think respect can only be given, just like love and attention.

I do agree with you that respect is the same as telling the truth. I almost would go so far as to say that not taking things personally is a way to respect the other. If people attack you they mostly have their reasons and I find it interesting to find out those reasons and seeing if I had a role in that.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Global moderators might be good, although I can't see why the moderators cannot do the job. I don't see a lot of personal conflicts here compared to other fora, I do see a lot of conflicting ideas.

Well the global thing isn't necessary, tough, i do think it would be more clear to other members who exactly is a moderator and who is not. I think 3 to 4 ACTIVE moderators would be more effective and more clear.

Forkbender a dit:
I like seeing ideas conflict, because it gives us the choice to change what we think and see things from another perspective. Heartcore's Terrorist GOD thread to me is just silly, and it says more about him than about GOD.

How far can members go?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Let's nourish our heightened senses of secretion and our valuable antenna's. A competitive plea numbs. Behave like a cactus in the desert for a jovial equilibrium.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
mysticwarrior a dit:
Well the global thing isn't necessary, tough, i do think it would be more clear to other members who exactly is a moderator and who is not. I think 3 to 4 ACTIVE moderators would be more effective and more clear.

Do you mean per section?

How far can members go?

What type of behavior do you want to keep out?

A friend of mine once gave me the advice: be like seaweed, man, roots firm in the soil, but flowing with the stream. It was in the context of martial arts, but is applicable to life in general. If something is coming fast towards you, better to go with it than try to resist, better to use these things than to see it as an attack. It is similar to what Brugmansia says about the cactus.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
@ CM:
all valid points. What other types of flaming do you have in mind?
Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

And the purpose of this thread was to trick us all into distinguishing between human beings and animals, so that he could then respond to us with statements like...

GOD a dit:
Your personal opinion caduceus in this case is crap . I`m very suprised that you say something so stupid . You sound like a religeous fundaMENTAList creationist .

There are dozens of examples to be found on this forum. All because a certain person is obsessed with wanting to "make us think." As if we're all retarded and need Him to teach us critical thinking. He's just making a fool of himself and annoying people, except for a small group of people who think he's funny or that his strategy is anything more than a cry for attention and admiration.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
CM you pull the words from my nose.

There are dozens of examples to be found on this forum. All because a certain person is obsessed with wanting to "make us think." As if we're all retarded and need Him to teach us critical thinking. He's just making a fool of himself and annoying people, except for a small group of people who think he's funny or that his strategy is anything more than a cry for attention and admiration.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Another pathetic attack caduceus . You cant stop trying to cause trouble can you . Just as what heartcore says shows who he is so does what i say for me and what you say for you . I`m glad i`ve said what I´ve said and not what you both say .

The things you have just said are to childish , petty , irelevant and stupid to reply to .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
OH NO! Not another GOD-bashing topic!

:roll:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
OH NO! Not another GOD-bashing topic!

:roll:
Well, this topic was about GOD, wasn't it? First there was the Terrorist McKenna thread started by Him, then the Terrorist GOD thread in which you and mystic started discussing mutual respect, and out of that came the current discussion. Moreover, he's obviously the only one who bashes whoever doesn't think like him (and is therefore full of shit). Everyone else seems to be getting along pretty well, respecting philosophical differences.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Then why are you guys talking about GOD again?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I don't care about god. And I am not going to waste my time arguing with you about him. NO WAY. :lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Then why are you guys talking about GOD again?
I already answered that one above.

Can you give examples of forum members consistently disrespecting each other, without GOD being involved as either the victim or the perpetrator?

I can't.

All issues surrounding mutual respect revolve around him.