Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dramamine Trip - Why is my sitter in the hospital?

perdeception

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Mar 2009
Intro
-----------
This is a true story about my second trip on Dimenhydrinate. My first trip I took eleven Dramamine pills (550 mg Dimenhydrinate), and I experienced a few fascinating visual hallucinations, and it was quite enjoyable. The trip that I am about to describe, was far from pleasant. I however, do not regret this trip, it was a powerful experience that I will never forget.

Eighteen Pills
-----------
It was the weekend, and I was visiting a friend who lives on campus where I used to attend school. I really wanted to try a larger dose of Dimenhydrinate to further investigate its effects. I was in my friend's dorm room, who agreed to sit for me when I downed eighteen pills, for a total of 900 mg. I waited...

The First Effects: Body High (heavy legs, mirror tricks, and easily startled.
-----------
About twenty minutes go by, and I remember telling my sitter that I think I could start to feel the body high, I stood up from my chair and I immediately could tell that I was defiantly feeling something. My legs felt clumsy and heavy, and my upper body felt light, I also remember it feeling dreamlike. Remembering how fascinating it was to look at my own reflection with my first experience on Dramamine, I decided to turn out the lights and approach the mirror. I put my face only a few inches from the mirror staring deeply into my own eyes (even without drugs, the face seems to undergo minor subtle changes). After about 10 seconds of staring into the mirror, watching my reflection twitch or blink at me... my friend/sitter's roommate unlocks the door from outside, *CLICK*, which is about two feet directly to the left of me. I was shocked by this sudden noise, and I jumped and an awkward noise escaped my mouth. As he started to open the door and walk in, I flipped the lights on and said aloud, “You startled me.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
:retard:

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Woah that sounds pretty scary dude.

Why did you try that stuff in the first place?

And how's your friend now?

perdeception

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Mar 2009
Twilight a dit:
Why did you try that stuff in the first place?
I wanted to try a deliriant to investigate its effects myself, after reading about the fascinating effects it has, such as the very realistic visual and audible hallucinations (unlike "hallucinations" one may perceive on LSD or Psilocybin mushrooms). And also, I was really intrigued by the dreams that you slip in and out of while still be conscious on high doses.

I will probably do it again, I want to test some other things out. I want to see if I can acheive lucidity whilst in a dramamine dream. And, I also want to try some more meditation on it, since the only times I meditated on the drug, was when I was coming down from it.

Twilight a dit:
And how's your friend now?
He was in a lot of pain that lasted some days, but he is fine now.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
It sounds interesting though, but not something I'd like to take and then go outside!

Looking back on the experience, do you feel you learned something from it?
How did you experience it? Did it feel bad, confusing? Was it just interesting?
Were you aware all the time that you had taken the drug?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
perdeception a dit:
For some reason, I don't know how to really explain this, but I was worried that I might have internal bleeding... I knew that I wasn't the one who slipped on ice, but for whatever reason I was concerned about myself. Why?

I don't know but here is a quote and a video... it seems a delirium has a mystical power of collective consciousness.

They are also known for opening past memories and people you had totally forgotten about, imagination sets out very elaborated and full scenario's and depending on dose or which deliriant, imagination becomes so strong that the actual setting is gone and one may perceive the uncontrolable imagination as a sober reality. Coupled with amnesia, no explaination is needed why these drugs are so strong.

"The interesting thing about our hallucinations is that sometimes it seems like the three of us could hallucinate about the same thing. One time I had this sort of puking fit and couphed and couphed and then puked all over the floor. My tripping buddies came over and we looked at the puke. But I actually didnt puke. We were hallucinating it together. "

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=43267

James Ketchum has also made reports from BZ for the military and even reported two people playing tennis with imaginary rackets.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bz/bz_article1.shtml

starts at 2:00.

It's even weirder to know that people in a delirium can't see other people but they do give response to those who're as well in a delirium and perform the most complex tasks together. You'll catch that often if you read deliriant reports.

Btw, if you must play with deliriants, do dramamine anyway, it's effects are milder and less dangerous than those of tropane plants and way more managable because of the dosage scale.

There are some others options, such as pharmaceutical scopolamine (probably a prescription is needed), which makes it possible to dose presicely and it's actually the alkaloid which is the most hallucinogenic. Atropine is mostly a nasty heart pulse elevator and major dehydrator.

pooz321

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2008
isnt dramamine a combination of diphenhydramine and sumthin else? because i took 500-600 mgs of diphen and it sounded just like your experience...escpecially the hollow people... i was alone in my dark ass room,
feel ur pain bro

D

dudieezper

Invité
What a scary experience that I don't want to happen to me or to any of my family members or friends. Dramamine was prescribed by your doctor right? Why did it have that effect if you have taken the right dosage? Angioplasty